Thursday, March 15, 2018

NEW Work & Play! 4 Fabulous Clear Sets! Plus Challenge 228 Perfect Pastimes!


Hello, Ai Fans!
NEW Work _ Play
Life is all about balance! That's why we celebrate the everyday in our new 2018 Work & Play release! All our multi-tasking, organizational experts out there will enjoy our new Office Party Set, with funny sentiments for your favorite Girl Boss! Growing old together has never looked so good in our Perfect Duet Set, great for anniversaries and celebrating lifelong love! Bake up something sweet with our Whisk It Set and so many loving sayings. Spring is just around the corner and a great time to share our Gotta Garden Set with your green-thumb friend. Watch our Creativation video introducing our four new sets! Also, take a closer peek at the fun sentiments and grab your favorites at artimpressions.com today!
Office Party Perfect Duet Gotta Garden Whisk It  

Now it's time for an adorable tutorial by Cheri!

Hi Ai Fans!
Today marks the New Release of the "Work and Play" stamp sets over at Art Impressions. I am using the "Whisk It" set on my front stepper card today!
I  love when Art Impressions does a stamp set as there are so many different combinations that you can make with all the images and sentiments.
I started by gathering up all of my supplies. I decided to use papers from the Doodlebug "Cream & Sugar" 6x6 collection.
 Cut a piece of pink cardstock at 4 1/4" x 11".  Next score the cardstock on its long side at the 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6" and 8 1/4" score lines.
Fold the lines with mountain and valley folds as in the picture. I used my bone folder to get crisp folds on the score lines. Next, cut a piece of cardstock at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4 to use as a card base.
Stamp your images with your preferred method. I happen to love my Misti for this! Makes it so easy! If you don't get a good first ink impression just ink and stamp again. Colour with your favourite colouring medium. I used my Copic Sketch markers, which happen to be my favourite medium!
You can either fussy cut out some of the images either with scissors or like me I used my Brother Cut N Scan machine.
Now that I have everything coloured, cut out and ready to go, I'm ready for the fun of assembling my card.


I matted some Designer paper with Blue Green cardstock and added Crystal Stickles to the cake and cupcakes.
I was getting frustrated with my card base as it kept sliding open too much. I decided to add a piece of cardstock that was 4 1/4" x 6 1/2". I scored one end at the 1" score line and folded it. Then I glued it to the inside of the stepper card bringing it underneath. 
I added a border edge poapped up with foam tape and now I have what I call a Front Stepper Easel card! Solved the problem though now didn't it LOL!
Then I just added my main image and all my little cut out images with some foam tape for dimension!
When you "undo" the easel part everything folds flat so you can stick it in an envelope!
Copics Used:
E00, E11, E15, E17, E19, E21
RV10, RV11, RV25, RV29
BG45, BG49
Y13, Y15, Y17
YG23, YG25
N0, N1, N2, N4, N7, N9


Happy Stamping!
What a delicious card, Cheri! Love the "Front Stepper" card layout, too! Such a cute way to showcase all those fun little images!
We're hosting a new challenge this month! Perfect Pastimes is about showcasing the simple everyday! Our character stamps are usually busy doing something fun, from gardening to bowling to drinking coffee... This is a great chance to bring out your favorite people stamps out! We look forward to how you interpret our challenge!

Here are the Challenge Rules
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, March 28 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!

We can't say goodbye until we honor the winners of last week's challenge!

Top spot goes to...

Katie O!
Congrats, Katie! Your Birdhouse wreath is so creative and makes for a lively Easter Card! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable Mentions go to...


 Susan!

Congrats, you two! Amy, your Easter egg watercolor design is so clever! And Susan, we love your sepia toned antique Truck! Be sure to email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select a stamp set of your choice!

Thanks for joining, we hope you enjoy our NEW Work & Play and share in our challenge this week!

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Congrats to the winners. This looks like a fun new challenge!

Cynthia said...

Fun new sets and great inspiration from Cheri. Congrats to all of the winners!

katieo said...

I am so excited that I am a winner this week. Watercoloring with stamps is so relaxing. Cheri your card is gorgeous. I love how many images you got on one card. Great sentiment.

S. Molinari said...

Oh my goodness! I’m so excited! Congrats to the other winners too!

Jil Lebel said...

WOW Cheri! This is a great tutorial. I love everything about your card. Thank you for taking the time to show us so many pictures. Congrats to the winners! There were so many beautiful cards this week. I'm sure the judges had a hard time.