Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jean has hit the Jackpot

Hello Ai Fans !
Today's card was made with Slots Jean sku # UM-3510 , I thought she would make a fun card , I bought the unmounted set of 3  ,you get the main image of Jean at her favorite slot machine and the 2 sentiments in this set. I kept this card simple , I used a wine red card base at 5 1/2"  by 4 1/4" and then made a layer in black at 5 1/4" by 4" I then used a stitch punch around the black layer and then used VersaMark and clear embossing powder and stamped the word jackpot and a cherry stamp I had to create a back ground , using clear embossing kept the base layer neutral so the stamp image would pop off the card , I did not want it too busy to take away from all the fun Jean was having at her slot machine ..lol .. I popped this layer up on glue dots and wrapped Charcoal and red bakers twine around the back layer and attached it to the red card base , I stamped Jean in memento black ink and colored her with copic markers , I also stamped Jackpot and colored it in 28 gold and then colored it with my gelly roll pen in clear star to add some glitz.I cut out Jean and popped her up on foam tape and did the same to the sentiment Jackpot . Inside the card I made the same black base with the stitching punch and then made a white layer , I inked around the white layer with red ink and stamped Jackpot around the outer edges I colored them in gold and glitter pen too. I stamped the "Life is just a row of cherries " in the center .

Supplies: Slots Jean sku#UM-3510 , versamark , clear embossing powder , powder tray , stitch edge punch , copics , clear star glitter pen , glue dots , foam tape

Thanks for stopping by and have an 8upscrapin day : )

1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Great card Crystal! Jean is my kinda woman! I really like your embossed background - that is cool!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!