Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fishing and Frogs

Hello Ai Fans !!
This card is so much my boys growing up ,they would leave to go fishing and always come home with treasures , I never really knew what they would drag home but it was always something , frogs ,turtles and yes even a snake ( YIKES !!! ) So when I saw this stamp I had to get it ,  Boy with Frogs SKU # K1206 can be found in the Ai store along with many other great stamps ,go check them out, I am sure you will find the perfect stamp for your project.
today I colored my image with prisma color pencils with gamsol, I am new to this process but I love to color and with practice I am sure I will get better , I colored the image and added darker shading in folds and creases and around the edges and with I use the gamsol with a paper stump it kinda melts the colors together and creates a very nice look.
I masked off my image and added clouds with chalk ,
 I cut my image out using the new SU Framelits Window dies , I did some stitching around the layers   , the stripe layer was embossed with the SU square lattice folder , I inked edges on all layers with SU soft suede
my hinge tabs were made with SU modern label and word window punches , I added gromlits   , the ribbon was white and I used my shimmer mist to color and added a mini vintage tag

Supplies :  Boy with Frogs sku # K 1206 ,  SU square lattice folder , SU window dies , SU modern lable punch , SU word window , sewing machine , chalk , Prisma colored pencils ,gamsol ,  Clear Star shimmer gel pen , SU vintage mini tag , seambinding ribbon , shimmer mist , gromlits
often I leave the inside of my cards blank to turn the card into what ever I may need later , it's a good thing to have  go to cards that you can stamp a sentiment in and be done.
Thanks for stopping by come back tomorrow for the  Thursday Challenge @Ai
Hope you have an 8UpScrapin day : )

4 comments:

Jessica Griffin said...

Great card Crystal!! Love the stitching and the details!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Such a fun card! Love all the layers and dies!

Kerry said...

Total cuteness!!! Love the background and your coloring is amazing!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

This is so cute Crystal! I love your coloring and layout!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!