Saturday, September 29, 2012

Jumbo Dancer



I love this little lady! She's such a fashionista! 

Stamp: Art Impressions Jumbo Dancer.
Pattern Paper: Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle
Markers: Copic W0, 2, 4 and Spica Glitter Pens
Dies: Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle

I used Copic's Spica glitter pens to color the purse, flower, and the dancers dress. I also used the same Spica pens to outline the yellow and grey decoration on the card. You can see the lines of grey the best. 

I'm not much for fussy cutting, but, this was too fun not to. Besides, I had the perfect papers to do it! A few things to keep in mind when you're fussy cutting... I like to cut INSIDE the stamped line. That way, if I mess up a little bit, it's okay, because I always use my black Memento marker to line the cut piece. So, after I cut out her dress I held my marker at an angle and gave the dress an outline. Why do I do that instead of cutting outside the stamp line? Because, that would be TOO easy! No, no... doing it this way allows the line around the dress to be the same thickness. So it's not darker, or thicker in one area than another. I'm a tad bit OCD, please don't tell my hubby, I've been denying it for years! :) 

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! xo




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, thanks for sharing your creative way to use this stamp : )

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jessica! This is just too cute. Love your matching design paper and coloring!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kerry said...

Hehe, she is so STYLIN', she totally gave a smile! Totally Fab!