Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Little Athlete baby card

Hello Ai Fans !!
Today's card was made in mind for my dear friend's daughter Nicol , she just had a sweet baby boy and when I saw this stamp Little Athlete sku# H939 I knew this would make a perfect card for her to welcome her new little one .

I colored my Little Athlete with copic markers and created lots of layer to make this card pop,my base color and all designer papers are SU Bashful Blue , I inked around all my layers to keep the color palate flowing , the white background layer was embossed with SU stripes folder , when you sponge ink it the stripe really show and this creates lots of texture ,I then stitched this layer with my sewing machine . the middle layer I added gromlits and laced it up with denim bakers twine , for the half circles I made one circle with 3 layers inked and cut in half , the stars were added to create more interest and filler( this little guy is a super star)with a white gel pen add stitch lines. add a sentiment and punched out with a SU label punch ( only used half).Inside I kept it simple , the band at the bottom is a pocket so if you want to add a gift card you canSUPPLIES : Little Athlete H393 , SU ink and paper and designer paper in bashful blue , white gel pen , copic markers , Spellbinders label 8 and standard circles , SU decorative label punch , gromlits , SU star punch , SU Itty Bitty Banners , SU petite pairs , SU stripes embossing folder


Go to the Art Impressions store ( click here )and I know you will find the perfect stamp you need to create that perfect card , thx for stopping by and come back tomorrow for the Ai Thursday Challenge # 80 get your creative mojo going after you see what the Ai team as created.
Have an 8UpScrapin Day : )

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful baby boy card!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Adorable Crystal!! Love the colors and patterns!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kerry said...

Absolutely precious, too too cute and love all the details!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Awe such a cute baby boy card Crystal! Love all the layers and you love the laced panel. Wonderful coloring! :)