Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beauty in Progress Easel Card

Hello Ai fans!
It's Karen here today to share my first ever easel card with you!  I didn't read any tutorials, or watch any how-to videos... just sort-of came up with my own version, so it may not be what you've seen before?!  I am also a huge *Girlfriends* fan, so I've used the Beauty In Progress Set (sku#4240), and some very girly papers that I thought worked really well:
I started by gluing my front onto a regular card base (5" x 6 1/2"), and I made the bottom panel from a piece of cardstock cut to the same size with an extra inch flap that I glued to the back of the card:
This is what it looks like after being assembled, and folded together:
Here it is unfolded:
The inside sentiment says "Pamper Yourself" and the main sentiment is "What happens at the salon, stays at the salon!"  Wouldn't this be perfect to give to someone with a spa gift card tucked inside?  Here's a front view:
And the Copics that I used:
Have a wonderful Tuesday :o)
 


2 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Adorable. Love the papers and colors.

Anonymous said...

Karen you did a beautiful job coloring these girls , ove your colors , great card .