Saturday, January 4, 2014

Silent night by Marie Capistran

Hello Ai Fans!
Yes, Christmas is over, but we are sitting in the middle of a huge snow storm here, in Connecticut, and that's why, I think, I'm still creating with my Christmas stamps. :)

This village stamp, part of the Try-Fold Village, can make a very classy friendship card.






And because a single layer card can look a little bit too simple sometimes, I decided to stitch around the image with silver thread. I also added lots of clear glitter to the snow and the star. I painted the image with watercolor. I wanted a village by night, with a real feel of peace and quiet, so I painted the whole image purple (except a little bit of pale yellow for the star).






Happy Stamping!


7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Love the watercolour Marie, it's striking with just the two colours.

stamping sue said...

Hello Marie, where in CT? I live in CT., too.
Pretty watercolor card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Renee Matarese said...

Very pretty! It is very peaceful. We got over a foot of snow here in upstate NY. My husband and son just left to go skiing. That means craft time for me!!

Hlora said...

Very beautiful!!!!

Kerry said...

This is stunning! We got about a foot of snow too in New Hampshire and it's super cold too! Perfect for crafting! :D

Karen Day said...

Your night sky is lovely, Marie! We got just the edge of the storm in Toronto... only about 6" of snow!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Marie, this card is gorgeous! So soft and elegant! That lovely sky is just so enchanting!