Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Extra Therm-O-Web Cards by Dana Warren

Hello AI Fans!!

Dana, here with two cards featuring not only AI stamps but Therm-O-Web foils! I had wanted to get these cards completed in addition to last weeks card but I thought it would take me longer to complete them.

So, in our little Therm-O-Web package I received some liquid Mixed Media Adhesive, not your traditional foil adhesive but I really wanted to use it so I did a little test and it worked!

For my card below I placed My Favorite Things Scattered Bars Stencil over a white panel. Then with the adhesive I drew lines along each of the chevron bars. I didn't fill each bar with the adhesive, just used them as a guide to draw a line. Since this worked well, in the future I want to see what would happen if I did fill the bars or the areas open in a stencil.  But anyway, after doing the lines I lifted the stencil and let the panel dry. Because I used glue I immediately washed the stencil.



While the adhesive was drying I stamped the Twins stamp and used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color her. I used: EB1, EB2, EB6, EB5, FS3, FS6, FS9, HB2, HB3, LV2. Then I fussy cut her out. On a black strip of card stock I stamped and white embossed the Thinking of You from the WC Sentiments set.


When my glue was dry, for me it was the next day. I placed some Amethyst Watercolor Deco Foil over the panel. With an embossing tool (it basically has a small metal ball at the end) I rubbed the foil over the raised glue lines. The foil transferred nicely, but I new that it would take me forever to rub all these lines! So, I ended up setting it aside to work on other projects. 


Later, when I went back to it and I was rubbing away and I happened to spot my die cutting machine and the light bulb went off!! I ran the pane with the foil through my machine, just like I was die cutting something but with the die. And it WORKED!!! It didn;t even really flatten the glue, but the foil stuck and I just peeled off the foil!! Now that I know it will not take forever to rub the foil I'm defiantly doing this again!!

I had the left over foil and thought it was a still cool pattern so I made another card with it! I just used the Easy Cut Adhesive sheet to add the foil to one side of the sheet and then peeling off the second release paper added it to a white card base! Easy peasy!!


I pulled out my Birthday Woot stamp set, stamped it on white card stock and colored it with my Spectrum Noir Markers. i used: EB1, EB2, EB5, EB6, HB2, HB3, LG3, LG5, OR2, OR3. With sharp scissors I fussy cut her out.


On a strip of white card stock I stamped the sentiment and added it and the owl with foam tape. Last I added a few green pearls to the background.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Stamping!





5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fab cards! Jo x

Cheri Burry said...

Awesome techniques you used! I love how you made a second card with the negative foil piece!

Helen Gullett said...

Love them both, Dana. Your backgrounds are fantastic too.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love GMa with her kitty.
thanks for sharing some cute cards.

Karen Day said...

You are so creative! Great ideas with the foil, Dana :o)