Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reel Great Guys by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
I have a wonderful masculine card to share with you today!  I reely (pun intended) love this stamp set - it comes with all the right stamps/sentiments to customize it for your favourite fishermen.  I was completely inspired by the talented Sandy Allnock, who has a tutorial on creating this card with a realistic background on her blog.  Here's my attempt using Reel Great Guys (Sku #4900):
After stamping my image and colouring it with Copic markers,  I used my blue marker to sketch in the shore line, and then used the black water lines from the image as a guide to add some swirls and ripples to the water.  I used my "00" Copic blender, to add some water dots and spray as well.  Using several shades of green, I added just the suggestion of trees along the shore and added some colour to the sky.  I stamped the fish separately, coloured and fussy cut him, then used pop dots to attach him to the base.  There is another large image included in this set, so I made a second card:
Isn't he cute?!  All of the sentiments in Reel Great Guys are fishing themed, but I wanted something more generic, so I used the "Keep Calm and Float On" sentiment that comes in Stayin' Afloat Set (Sku #4239)
Happy stamping!
Copics used: Skin tones - E13, E11, E00, E000, R30
Blues - B26, B24, B23, B21, B02, B00, B000, B0000
Reds - R35, R32, R30
Greens - YG03, YG01, YG00, YG91, G66, G63, G61
Greys - W5, W3, W1, W00, C7, C5, C3, C1
Yellows - Y35, Y32, Y11
Browns - E57, E55, E53, E51, E50

9 comments:

Monika Gulyas said...

Awesome cards! Great colouring and I love the background of the fishermen!

Renee Matarese said...

Absolutely adorable! Those blues just pop off the page!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! Love the background Karen!!! Amazing coloring!!!!!

Kerry said...

Karen, these are awesome! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!!

Renee M said...

Great cards, and wow—you have fantastic coloring skills!

Laurel said...

Great cards Karen!

diane zechman said...

Fantastic background, Karen!

Cheri Burry said...

That background is awesome!!!! Just fabulous cards!!

Karren said...

Wow, the scene you've created is fabulous and your colouring is amazing! Wonderful cards!