Monday, June 25, 2018

Fluttery Piggy by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

I've got a sweet pink pig that's just fluttering to wish a happy birthday to that someone special!




I colored the fluttering pig with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. I also used a marker to tint the brads so they will blend in a bit.   I used a stitched oval die to cut an oval from watercolor paper.  I stamped the stones, grass and flowers with Marvy Leplume II markers and blended them out with a damp brush.   I really love combining Art Impressions water color stamps with traditional stamping!

The pull mechanism is really easy to make, so don't be intimidated!  There are very clear instructions on the back of the stamp packaging or you can watch the helpful YouTube video here.  I used a corner rounder that I've had forever to add a decorative edge to the pull tab before adhering my little die cut and stamped oval sentiment.

This photo shows the tab pulled, and the cute little pig fluttering away!  When the tab is up, it's out of the way for mailing and also hides the little slit.


She's got some Glossy Accents on her nose and hooves for a little extra dimension.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy stamping!




3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Carol, this is adorable! I love your watercoloured background.

diane zechman said...

I love how you combined the pig with the watercolor sets! Cute!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is just too cute, Carol!! I really love the watercolored background scene with this cute pig!!!