Monday, January 28, 2019

Rooted in Love by Carol Hintermeier

Happy Monday Ai fans!

I really had fun creating this card!  I used some patterned paper for a cute background for this card using the Tree Twist Ties set.


These Twist Tie cards are really easy to make.  The directions you need are on the back of the packaging.  I used the Art Impressions Twist Tie card that comes pre-scored and measured.  There are measurements for creating your own on the package though.  Here are a few photos of my process for this card.


   
   

From the top photo, (click on the photo to enlarge) I cut my pattern paper layers for each side of the card front and adhered them using some reposition able tape runner.  Using the stamp as a guide, I positioned the die and adhered it with removable tape.  As you can see, the die didn't cut through all three layers.  That's okay though as it left enough of an impression for me to correctly position the die on the white card and run it through my machine again.

I then stamped the tree trunks onto some scrap card stock, positioned the die over them, and die cut them.   I fussy cut any part of the trunks that was not cut by the die.  Everything was colored with my Copic markers (listed below).  After the trunks were colored I adhered them on top of the pattern paper layers.

I die cut several of the leaf shapes, then stamped the leaves and colored them.  The birds and birdhouse were stamped first, then die cut.


For the inside, I cut a piece of card stock to 4" x 5-¼" and used a cloud stencil and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide to ink up a cloud scene that peeks through when the card is closed.




I hope you've enjoyed seeing a bit of my process to create this card.  It really is quite easy to do once you get started.  Thank you so much for stopping by!   Happy crafting!


Copics used:
E13, E15, E23, E47, E57, Y08, B14, B32, R29, R35, R39, YG25, YG67


No comments: