Saturday, January 5, 2019

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Happy New Year!

Hello, Ai Watercolor fans! Welcome to the first Watercolor Weekend of 2019! The team is back with fresh ideas for the new year, let's take a look!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Happy 2019!

I always feel hopeful and excited to start a brand new year. I am ready to get back to more crafting, now that the busyness of the holidays is over, also. I made this card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend using the 5014 - WC Window Set that I stamped in sepia first, then in the African violet. I did stamp it off on paper first. I pulled the color out of the lines then added some of the African violet to the palette to darken the windows. Next I stamped the little pot from the 4869 - WC Small Container Set. I added brown and sepia to the palette to color in the pot. I added the leaves by stamping the ivy from the 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 in olive green and the flowers from the 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in scarlet and then added water to them. I stamped the birds in sepia from the 4966 - WC Bird Bath Set and the stamp positioner to add the birds to the window, then added more sepia, steel blue, and a little bit of the brown to their beaks from the palette. I used the fine tip of the sepia to darken the eyes and the legs.
I stamped the cat in sepia from the 4873 - WC Cats Set then made a mask for it and using the stamp positioner, I stamped the bench in sepia and African violet from the 5055 - WC Sitting Places Set. I pulled the colors out of the lines on the cat and bench then used sepia from the palette to color spots on the cat. I inked up the small grass in olive green from the 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1 and stamped the grass on the legs of the bench. I used pine green to ink the bottom of the flowers from the 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 and I inked the tops of the flowers in the steel blue and stamped them on either side of the bench. I used water to soften the flowers and the grasses then I used African violet from the palette to make the shadow under the bench. Next I used a tiny amount of sepia on the palette and a lot of water to color in the background. I used the 5063 - Double Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut out the picture, and a background piece of paper and then mounted it all to the card base.


Tricia Kennedy - Instagram

My card for today’s Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend is a pretty little winter scene. 

Begin by inking up a home from the WC Cottages Set in 86 African Violet. Stamp a few pine trees from WC Tree Set 1 in 72 Pine Green around the home. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines with a paint brush and water. Scribble a little 45 Sepia onto your palette and brush onto the roof. Add a bit of 28 English Red and 82 Mustard to your palette and brush onto the door and windows. Next brush 86 African Violet onto your palette to build up the sky and snowy ground. Add detail to the base of the trees and in the top window using the fine tip of 45 Sepia. And darken up the door knob with the fine tip of 86 African Violet. Use an A2 card base, tag, cardstock, jute and Xyron Mega Runner to finish off the card.

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 28 English Red, 45 Sepia, 72 Pine Green, 82 Mustard, 86 African Violet
Other Products: Post-It Notes, Xyron Mega Runner, A2 card base, tag, cardstock and jute

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Step 1: I inked only the hat from the WC Snowman Set with Tombow N25. Using the stamp positioner, I placed the hat cocked to the left. I created a mask with the Post-It Adhesive Roll. I covered the hat with the mask. 

Step 2: I inked up each of the San Serif Letters (H, N, Y) using Tombow 569. I wiped off some of the ink. I stamped them next to each other. I created masks for each letter. Next, I inked up some of the stones from the WC Wall Texture Set using the Tombox N25 & 569 markers. I stamped it off and then stamped it to the left of the “H”. I repeated this process several more times stamping between the letters and to the right of the “Y”.

Step 3: Pull the color from the hat (on the sides working into the middle). I added some additional color from my palette. Next, pull the color from the left side of the letters only. Add water to the stones behind the letters. 

Step 4: I inked up the sm leave cluster from the WC Foliage Set 3 with Tombow 249 and stamped it around the letter “H”. I then inked the vine and added it to the “N” & “Y”. Pull the color out of the lines.

Step 5: I added the small leaves from the WC Foliage Set 2 inked with Tombow 565 to the “H”. Next, I inked up the small dots from the WC Mini Flower Set with Tombow 676 and added flowers to the “N”. Add the inked the same flowers with Tombow 725 and added flowers to the “Y”. I added water to the flowers.

Step 6: Using my palette, I added some darker shadows to the letters. Using a fine black pen, I added the 2019 to the hat and Happy-New-Year below the letters. I die cut the watercolor piece out with the Stitched Oval die. I added some Distress Ink in Espresso to the edges of the piece and added some water. 

Thank you so much for checking out the watercolor projects on our first Watercolor Weekend project of 2019. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and here’s to the new year! 

Tombow Markers colors I used: 569, 249, N25, 725, 565, 676


Thanks, designers! These cards are so lovely! Love all the different approaches you can take with simple stamps, markers and a brush! Do you like what you see? Leave a comment below, we always love to hear your thoughts!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: