Friday, March 1, 2019

Easter is Coming By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

Happy March! Today I'm making some Easter/spring cards and using the Sweet Easter set. I created a little scene but used some corrugated cardboard to add some extra interest and texture to this sweet scene card.



I stamped the bunny, first, on to a piece of Neenah 80lb cardstock cut at a 4'' square. I masked the bunny then stamped the flower pot so that it is behind situated behind. Then I stamped the little parade of chicks and the sign. 


Using Copic markers I colored in each of the little critters and the flowers. Then added the ground and shadows. Don't forget I have all the Copic colors listed below. 
The sentiment was stamped until after the coloring was done that way it wouldn't fade because of the alcohol inks. 


I trimmed a piece of dark gray cardstock to 4 1/4'' square to back my scene. I've had these corrugated cardbases for some time and I used half of one to add some interesting texture. You could also use just a corrugated box and cut it. Fun way to use different materials! This card turned out to be a 5'' square card. The last step I did was to add some shimmer to the flowers using a clear glitter pen. 

Copics Used:
0CB C1, C3, C5, C7
W0, W1, W3, E31, E35
Y02, Y13, Y28, Y38, YR27
YG01, YG03, YG67, G14, G43
BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
V25, V06, RV55


Alright guys thank you so much for stopping by today! I love these little spring critters and I hope you like this card.


2 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Simply adorable!

Jil Lebel said...

Beautiful! I just love all of the masking you did. The dancing chickies are too cute!