Monday, May 20, 2019

It's The Simple Things by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

Today I have a fun summery card that's just perfect to send to a friend for any occasion!



I used the Girlfriends Stayin' Afloat set and a sentiment from the WC Sentiment Set 2.   I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black in and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I used watercolor markers (listed below) to color everything.  Sometimes I added the marker direct to the paper and pulled the color out with a damp brush.  Other times I scribbled the marker onto my glass mat and dipped my brush into it.  For the white dots on the pink float I used some white gouache.  I like it because it's totally opaque.  I put a tiny dab onto my mat and mixed in just a bit of water.  To get the nice round dots I dipped the end of a rounded stylus into the gouache and touched it to the paper.



After I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx black ink, I heat embossed it twice with clear embossing powder (the first photo really shows the shine and dimension).  Then I cut it out with the small tag die from the Tag Stitched Dies set.  I used the same die to cut tags from the pink and striped papers.  I adhered all three tags together and used some twine from my stash to add a bow.

The pink cardstock is adhered to the card base and the image with the striped edge is popped up on foam tape.  I used some thin 3D foam squares for the tag.



This card really has me ready for warm weather, sunshine and fun!  Have a wonderful and crafty week!


Watercolor markers:
Tombow:  173, 493, 565, 636, 743, 885, 969, 977, N89
Marvy LePlume II:  Sapphire, Tropical, Yellow, Brilliant Yellow, 
Brown, Brownish Grey, Rosewood

No comments: