Friday, June 14, 2019

Home Grown Eagle Window By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai fans!

This month I'm using some of the Windows to the World stamps. This Eagle window caught my eye, and with it getting warmer in the Northwest, Americana decor is popping up everywhere! Today is also Flag Day (June 14th, 1777) in America. Perfect time to combine the eagle with these red white and blue pattern papers.


I first stamped the Eagle Window image with Gina K. Amalgam ink and colored it in with Copic markers, colors listed below. I used a Gelly Roll white pen to add a few highlights through out the image.  This went really quick and I also used minimal markers. Images like these window stamps, are great for the summertime, when we might be a bit more busy. All of them  are so picturesque,  they can simply and easily be the focal point to any card front.


This image has a beautiful sentiment that surrounds the square image but I trimmed that off and added a sentiment "Home Grown" from the Succulent set. I thought that sentiment fit so well and I really enjoy mixing stamp sets together. I knew I wanted to add a gold border with embossing powder around it. This is easily done by swiping your clear embossing ink pad across all the edges. 


The pattern paper I used for today's card is from the Pebbles America paper pack. Unfortunately it is another bundle of pattern paper that I've stashed away for years, I've linked to a similar one below. I love that I am using my pattern paper more instead of hoarding it! To add a bit more stars I used a die set from Papertrey Ink and die cut the three sketch stars from vellum. I adhered those to the card in a cluster with liquid glue and added the heat embossed sentiment "Home Grown" from the Art Impressions Succulent set. I left the inside blank. This card could be used for anything, from celebrating someone in the military, to July Fourth greetings to a friend.

Copic Markers Used:
W9, W6, W3, W1, W0
E77, E74, Y18
B99, B95, B93, B91
YG67, YG45, YG03

Thank you so much for joining me today!
Happy Stamping!





No comments: