Monday, July 15, 2019

Watercolor Succulents by Carol Hintermeier

Happy Monday Ai fans!

My card today features a watercolored card using the beautiful Succulents Set.  I just used four of the stamps for my card, but there are several more stamps in this awesome set!


I used Canson Watercolor paper and my MISTI to stamp a few of the succulents from the set into a background pattern.  These were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed in white.  A couple weekends ago I was so happy to be at an event and took a class where I learned to used Ken Oliver's Color Bursts to watercolor.  I used four colors to watercolor the succulents.  I did the background first though, so I could see the images better.  I used a Tombow marker in Willow Green for that.  In order to see the large succulent's petals better, I did a light wash of green over the entire plant (2nd photo below).  Here are a couple of my "in progress" photos.

   

I've listed the colors I used below, but really, after doing a web search for succulents, you can use just about any nature-y color you want!  I tapped out a bit of the powder onto my Watercolor Palette and added just a drop or two of water.  This is key as you don't want to over dilute the color.  These are highly pigmented and I would pick up a dab of color with my brush and dilute it as needed off to the side.  Once everything was dry, I used a stitched square die to cut the panel out and used double-sided tape to adhere it to a 5-3/4" x 5-3/4" card base.  I used 110# Neenah Solar White for the card base since the watercolor panel is heavier too.


I stamped the sentiment from the WC Sentiments Set with Versafine Onyx Black and die cut it with a die from Flag Double Stitched Dies.  I used some foam squares to pop it up and scattered a few clear dewdrops from my stash across the card.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!



Ken Oliver Color Burst colors:  Sap Green, Fuchsia, Prussian Blue
My Favorite Things/Ken Oliver Color Burst colors:  Jellybean Green, Tropical Teal
Tombow watercolor marker:  #173-Willow Green

No comments: