Monday, April 6, 2020

It's A Girl!......and A Boy!! by Carol Hintermeier

Happy Monday Ai friends!  Today I have a sweet card using both adorable baby sets called Baby Girl and Baby Boy.  Be sure to keep reading to find out how I fixed two pretty big oopsies!  I decided to make a slimline card using the clothes on the line stamps from both sets to make a card to welcome twins!


I created a slimline card base by cutting some Neenah Solar White to 7" x 8-½" and scoring at 3-½".  I positioned both clothesline stamps and stamped them with Copic safe ink.  Next I stenciled the clouds with Distress Inks.  I really didn't want to create masks for all of the little clothes, so I just tried to go lightly with the ink blending brush around them.  I have a tiny blending brush that helped with that too.  I knew my coloring would cover any of the clouds I might get on the clothes.

  

I colored the clothes with the Copic markers listed below.  Then I stamped the sentiments Girl and Boy.  I had thought to color them like translucent balloons, but let me tell you, that was a HUGE fail! Haha!  So I re-stamped them onto scrap paper that I Copic colored in ombre shades of pink and blue. I fussy cut them out then went around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black pen to give them a finished look.  Then I adhered them over my "bad" balloons!  I rummaged through my stamp stash to find the ampersand and "It's a" sentiments.

Another BIG goof happened right after I finished coloring the little clothes.  I got up to do something else and when I came back I saw the card sitting ON TOP OF the open Distress Ink pad!!  Gah!  A big blue blob had seeped through to the front!  Hence, the birds.  As it turns out, I love having the birds holding the clotheslines!  Happy accident!

To finish it all off, I used a white gel pen to add doodles to the clothes and highlights on the sentiments.


I hope you've enjoyed my card today and that I've shown you that most times, those oopsies can be fixed!!  Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have lots of crafty time this week and that you and yours are well and healthy!


Copic markers:
B00, B000, BG01, BG02, C3, C1, C00, E31, E34,
RV00, RV02, RV10, RV13, RV52, RV63,
Y13, Y15, Y18, Y19, YG11, YG13, YG17

3 comments:

creatingincolors said...

This card is so adorable. The birds are definitely a happy accident! The design and colors are so pretty!

Karen Day said...

Really cute idea, Carol!

Renee Matarese said...

This is just SO CUTE!! I love everything...especially the little birds so that was a very happy accident. I have a card coming soon that something similar happened to. I finished photographing it only to pick it up and leave a nasty finger print. Now my guy is holding a balloon to cover the blotch but I really like it! Great card!