Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Barnyard Cubbies Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Barnyard Animal Cubbies stamp set. I didn't use all of the images because I wanted to create a scene card that didn't include the barn.  These little animals just make me smile.
I started by stamping the images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock with Gina K Black Amalgam ink and colored them with Copic markers.  The colors I used will be listed at the end of this post.  I then cut the images out with the matching dies that come in the set. 
I started the layers with a top fold A2 card and a piece of 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" white cardstock and acetate.  I cut the top of the card & cardstock layer with the Lawn Fawn cloud die.  Both pieces need to line up exactly because they are going to sandwich the piece of acetate.  I used the remaining two pieces to cut the bottom with the Lawn Fawn grass die.  I used the extra cardstock with the cloud cut out of it like a stencil to form clouds on the inside of the card as well as on the top cardstock cloud. I colored one of the grass pieces with Bundled Sage Distress ink. 
I used dry adhesive to assemble the card.  I placed the piece of acetate over the top of the cloud attached to the A2 card.  I then attached the colored cloud piece over top of the acetate lined up with the cloud below it.  I then attached the colored piece of grass cardstock to the bottom of the acetate and matched up the other piece on the back of the acetate. By sandwiching the acetate between the two layers of cardstock, you hid all of the adhesive. The animals are attached to the front of the card.  I cut out a second blank set of the animals and attached them to the back of the card. The greeting is stamped inside the card with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink.
Copic Colors Used:
Sheep - C0, C1, C3
Chicken - C0, C1, C3, YR07, Y17, R35, R39
Duck - Y11, Y15, Y17, E15
Cow - E31, E33, E35, E37
Rooster - C1, C3, Y17, YR07, R35, R39


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


No comments: