Friday, June 12, 2020

Dog House Cubbie set is a treat! | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!
It's Jessica today. I have another two stamp set mashup card to share with you all this week. 


For my post last week I used the Greenery Invites Set along with the Frog set. I loved how those paired together and I thought I could practice some water coloring using the Greenery Invites stamps. Those paired with the Dog Cubbie set makes for a whimsical fun card perfect for any dog lover!


To create the background I used a light gray ink (any color will do, you wont see this part) to stamp the Dog House Cubbie. I then to multiple stamps from the Greenery Invites set, mostly the smaller ones, and stamped those around the dog houses. Instead of a dye ink I used a couple of green Tombow markers.


Then I used water to blend out the ink and also added a few more green colors. On another piece of Canson watercolor paper I stamped the cubbie and the dogs with Versamark Claire Nocturne ink and used more Tombow markers to paint the images in, 


After using the coordinating die to die cut the images, I Layered the Dog House Cubbie over top of the first watercolor piece with the background foliage. This completely hides the first stamping of the cubbie with the light gray ink. I then painted in the ground area and added the dogs. I love the little weinie dog on the top! 

Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy stamping. 


No comments: