Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Birdhouse Watercolor by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I used several Watercolor stamp sets for this birdhouse watercolor card. I made three color variations because I couldn't stop at just one or two.  
I started with Canson XL watercolor paper. I placed the birdhouse image from the WC Large Birdhouse set onto my stamp platform and inked it up with my Tombow Dual brush markers.  I first added 565 Deep Blue and then the 969 Chocolate marker. I then stamped it off onto a piece of watercolor paper and stamped it again onto my watercolor paper.  This gives me a lighter image to work with.  I then pulled the color out of the lines in select areas with a damp brush.  I then added in the vine from the WC Foliage set 1 with the 177 Dark Jade marker and tapped at the color with a damp brush. I added in the flowers with stamps from the WC Cottage by the Beach and WC Flower set 4 and pulled out the color again with the same brush. I used 636 Imperial Purple on the flowers.I added in a sky with 526 True Blue that I brushed onto the palette from the travel box. I added the bird from the WC Large Birdhouse set with 565 Deep Blue.  I scribbled some 636 Imperial Purple onto the palette and colored the roof of the birdhouse. 
I attached Moda Scraps Spring Flowers 6' x 6" paper pack to an A2 white card base.I cut out the image with the Oval Double Stitched Dies and added it onto the card with foam tape. 

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: