Saturday, January 8, 2022

First Watercolor Weekend Roundup for 2022 January 8, 2022

 Hello Ai watercolor fans!

Welcome to our first Watercolor Weekend of 2022!


We took a little break so that our designers could enjoy the holidays with friends and family but now we're back!  We hope you had a healthy and happy holiday season!

We're starting things off with Dot.

Hello and Happy New Year, I love January because it's a fresh start to a brand new year and we have all the holidays and memories to look forward to. My first card of 2022 is a wintery card.

The dog has dimension, because I messed up the one underneath. Instead of throwing it away, I stamped another dog, colored him, cut him out and used foam tape to stick him over the messed up one. So don't throw away your card after you put some work into it. To make this card, ink the truck from the 5011 Truck Mini Set in the new Tombow 555 which is the best blue for winter scenes, in my opinion. Stamp it onto watercolor paper after you have stamped it off once first. Make a mask and cover the truck so you can stamp the trees from the 5010 Tree Set 1 inked in first 177 and then in 555. Stamp the dog from the 4959 Dogs Set inked in 969. Ink the half tree from the 5010 Tree set inked in 969. Use a pencil to make your hills then use 555 to paint in the snow. Pull the color out of the lines of the trees, truck, dog and half tree. Use a positioner to stamp the bird from the 4966 Bird Bath Set onto the tree. Color the bird in with 969 and 847. Color the truck in first with 555 then add 969 and 947 for the rusty look. The tires and windows are colored in with N35. The dog is colored in with N35 and his color is 847. Add some sky with the 555. Use a fine tip black pen to darken the bird and dog eyes and nose. I used Nuvo white Crystal Drops to add the snow drops. I taped the two largest dies from the 5063 Rectangle Die Set to make the frame. 


 

Next up is Karen with a spring card.

 Hello Ai Watercolor fans!

Even though it's January, I decided to kick off the new year with a big vase filled with tulips.

I coloured the kitten from 4873 - WC Cats Set in Tombow #969/565, stamped it on my Canson XL Watercolor paper, and covered it with a mask.  Using the same markers, I coloured up one of the vases from 5123 - WC Decorative Jar, and stamped it to appear just behind the cat.  The new 5475 - Flower Set 6 has two wonderful tulip stamps, so I used them both, coloured up in #N65 and stamped them repeatedly to fill up my vase.  Starting with a light wash layer, I painted my tulips in #755 and #946, then added layers to make some of the petals darker than others.  The stems and leaves were painted in #126 and #177, and I painted in a few extra leaves to fill in the background a little.  After pulling the colour out of the lines/edges, I painted #373 onto the vase, with a little #565 for shadowing.  I painted stripes of #N65 onto the kitten, darkened them with #565 and added a few tones of #946 to bring out the gold of the tulips.  I finished up by adding the suggestion of a shadow and a background with a wash of what was on my palette.  


I wanted a gingham background to match my vase, so I used a stencil set and some Distress Oxide ink to create my own.  My image was cut out with the 5064 Circle Double Stitched Dies.





HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to the first watercolor weekend of 2022. I am so thrilled you came by for a visit. I created a Winter Cabin for my first project of the year. It shows a little into our current view at our home in Northern VT. So sit back with something warm and I'll tell you how I made it.


Step 1 - Winter Cabin (4962) Using the large cabin from the Rustic Cabins Set, I inked up the bottom of the stamp (everything but roof) with 969. Then I inked around the roof with 569, making sure to not ink the lines in the roof, as we want it to look like it is covered in snow. To activate the ink, I huffed on the stamp and stamped it off on a scrap piece of watercolor paper. I stamped it onto the watercolor paper. As always, I started by pulling the color out of the lines. I added some additional color from my palette and then added some vertical lines using the bullet nib of my 969. Using my small brush to pull the color from the lines I just drew, making sure to leave a highlight. For the snow on the roof, drag the color out of the bottom of the roof using the belly of the brush to drag the color into the roof (lots of youtube tutorials on this!). I did the same on the other side. I cut a mask to protect the house as I stamped the Stone Creek scene. Step 2 - Stone Creek Scene (5378) I inked the scene with 969 (mountains and rocks) and 569 (water), stamped it off and stamped it to the right of the cabin. Next, I pulled color out of the lines. I used my bullet nib to create lines in the water to simulate the flow of the water. Step 3 - Trees (5010 & 5372) I inked up the large pine tree from the Tree Set 1 with 249. Utilizing my mask on the cabin, I stamped the pine tree several times to the left of the house. I inked up the small trees from the Mini Foliage set with 249 and added it to the hills behind the cabin. Step 4 - The Sky Using your palette, add any sky you want. I picked 565 and lots of water. Push the watered down color around to create the illusion of clouds. Lastly, sign and date. As an afterthought I added some Wink of Stella to the snow. Thats it. Thank you so much for stopping by! Supplies:

What a beautiful lineup of cards from our designers!
We went from Winter, to Spring and back to Winter again.
That sounds about right where we live!  Just when you think Winter is over and Spring has sprung...It snows again. lol!

Don't forget to check out the latest challenge going on here. Just click the "Current Challenge" button at the top of the page to be taken to it.  There are free stamps to be won!  Get in Shape!  Shaped cards or projects.  No squares or rectangles.



Also, be sure to check out the Deal of the Week

and Sale Items on the website!

This is your chance to grow your collection and save some money while doing it.

Happy Stamping and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: