Saturday, January 8, 2022

That Scale Can't Be Right! ... Right? by Janet

 

Congratulations everyone! We made it to 2022! I am looking forward to a creative year ahead with my favorite stamp company in the world, ta da! Art Impressions of course!

After the holidays, a lot of us have had enough of our clothes fitting too tightly. We start to eat better and add a little more exercise back in. At least that's me anyway. After gaining a few holiday pounds, it's time to get back at it. It's kind of a grind to get started but with a little humor it's a lot easier. What better way to get some humor into your life than with a great stamp set from Art Impressions? 

My card today is made from the Pamper Yourself stamp set. The funny sentiments paired with two hilarious mature ladies makes this one of my favorite sets. I am inspired by our current Get In Shape Challenge which is going on at our blog through next Thursday. I hope you'll join in with us. It's easy and you could win Ai stamp sets of your choice. Click on the challenge image to participate!


It was fun to make a card base that wasn't the typical rectangle or square. The towels were perfect for the sentiment I chose to use. The shape came from Cricut Design Space. I sized up the towel image for a card base and cut all the pieces for the front and a blank solid piece for the back. I attached the two pieces with a fold at the very top of the blank card base. When the front is glued on to the area above the fold, it allows the card to open from the bottom and stand. This method works like a charm to make a card base out of nearly any shape.

Copic Markers Used:
C00, C0, C3, C5
BV00, BV02, BV04
E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R20

Have a great weekend and don't forget to submit your shaped card into the challenge. You have until next Thursday to do it. 

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

   

No comments: