Thursday, July 21, 2022

Christmas in July Series-Snow Globe by Mercy Sauer

 

Hi friends, Mercy here, ready to show you another Christmas Card.  Today I created two cards using the same set,4789; however, both cards are very different from one another.    When I choose a set, I look at each element and the potential to create individual unique cards from all or most of the components. 


Let’s look at the first card, 



I created a large snow globe by using circular dies. I stamped, color and fuzzy cut the festive cow. I die cut a snow background in the shape of the second largest circle and adhered to the largest circle (dark blue). I glued the cow onto the circle assembly. I then created a round border by die cutting two concentric circles to the desired size (light blue). To form the shaker, I adhered four round borders to the card assembly and added the embellishments. Finally, I cut and adhered clear acetate onto the border to seal the shaker and added the blue round border as shown.


For the base, I used a wood plank die to give it the wood texture, used ink to color, and folded in three places to add some interest. I used the smallest circle die to shape the top of the base. Added some foam tape, a sentiment, a few embellishments, creating a custom snow globe! 


The second card is simpler in construction; however, it took longer because of the Copic coloring. 


Both cards are different and equally whimsical. I enjoyed the process of creating both, they both make me smile. So next time you are shopping for supplies, look at the entire set and ask yourself, what else can I create?


This card is from a previous week, once again, using the same set, not even in a Christmas card!

How fun, right! 


Well friends, this all from me this week, I will catch up with you next week!




W

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

I missed these yesterday!! These are so cute!! Love how you made the snow globe with that fun cow!! Fantastic cards as always, Mercy!