Hello and welcome to our new challenge,
Furry Friends
We want to see your handmade creations using animals.
Pretty much anything goes as long as you have an animal and something from Art Impressions on your project. (Stamps, paper or dies)
Our Featured Artist for this challenge is Dori and she created the most darling
Triple Tunnel card.
After looking through her photos and reading her tutorial, be sure to scroll down
to see who won our Boy oh Boy! challenge.
Take it away Dori!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello AI Friends!
Welcome to our new challenge #435 called "Furry Friends". I chose the #5400 - Baby Critters set to feature for this challenge. I used every one of the images since they are all SO cute. I couldn't pick so why not use them all! I also decided to make it a triple tunnel card so the animals could sit on display in each panel.
First, I stamped all of the images onto copic friendly paper with Memento black ink and colored with my copic markers listed below. Using the corresponding dies, I die cut each of the colored images out.
With plain cardstock, I also die cut a second one of each image. I like to layer the plain die cut behind the colored one for stability and extra dimension.
Now that the images are colored, it's time to create the tunnel card.
Using heavy cardstock, I cut one panel at 5" x 10" and scored in half along long side (5" mark). I also cut another panel at 5" x 5 1/2" and scored at the 5" mark along the longer side leaving a 1/2" tab. I layered a piece of pattern paper (cut at 4 7/8" square) over the top of the smaller panel leaving the 1/2" blank (see Pic 1). I cut the same size of a second piece of pattern paper and adhered to the right of the fold on the double panel (see Pic 2).
Any shape die will work but I took a partial circle die (from my stash) and placed it in the center of the smaller panel (Pic 1) and ran it through my die cut machine. I then lined this page up with the second panel and die cut the partial circle out of that panel.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Now we can adhere the two panels together by gluing the 1/2" tab inside the double panel to create the triple panel card.
To finish up this card, I placed another piece of pattern paper to the inside of the back panel and also created frames around the partial circle openings. I then adhered the animals on the panels making sure that they don't overlap each other when looking thru the windows.
And here is the final card again.
I hope you enjoy my card and it gives you inspiration to join in on the challenge. Any animal will work for the challenge so grab a stamp set and play along for a chance to win a free stamp set. Look forward to seeing your creations!
Have a Happy Day!
Copics used: N0, N1, N3, N5
E21, E23, E50, E51, E53, E55, E57
Y13, Y15, Y17, Y21
G40, G43, G46
R20, R22, R24, R27
B0000, B00, B12, B14
--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you just LOVE that sweet card?
She packed so many fun animals on there using the tunnel technique.
Now, let's see who won our previous challenge.
To our winners, Leah is on vacation until August 31st so there may be a delay in her
answering your email and filling your order. Please be patient with her when she returns
to the office.
For our Top Spot we selected #4
Marcia H.
She did a fabulous job painting the Cozy Bear making this the
perfect thank you card for a boy or man.
Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim your free stamp set.
Our Lucky Random Winner was #17
Heather M.
Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim your free stamp set.
Congratulations to our winners!
Enjoy your new stamps.
Now, onto the details of our new challenge.
Please make a new project featuring animals using
stamps, dies or paper from Art Impressions.
We can't wait to see your creations.
Here are the rules...
✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation using either stamps, dies and or designer paper from Art Impressions. You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards! (unless specified)✻ Limit two submissions per person.
✻Top Spot Winner and Lucky Random Winner each receive a free
stamp set from Art Impressions
✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission. You may include your entire last name, but it's not necessary.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!
1 comment:
Congrats to the winners! Fun tunnel card design, Dori.
Post a Comment