Saturday, August 6, 2022

Autumn is Calling by Janet

Happy Saturday y'all! If you've been paying attention, you know that several new die and stamp sets have been released this week. They are all adorable but this one is my absolute favorite! The girl and boy scarecrows in set 5507-Harvest Together Set are the cutest scarecrows I've ever seen! Their expressions are so very cute. It also comes with a birdhouse and sunflower, two blackbirds and many perfect sentiments. I really love the one on I chose for this step card, "Leaves are falling, autumn is calling."

To make this card, I started by making the step card base. Then I colored and cut the images. This set comes with matching dies to make the cutting easy! I coated a piece of smooth white cardstock with Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink. To give them more texture I dropped water on the piece and then ran it through an embossing folder. Then I used a grass die to create two layers of grass which I cut to fit the card base. I used 4967-WC Fence Dies to cut two fence pieces which I connected with glue and then I attached the fence on both sides of the step card.

I cut the shaker frame from a die included in 5543-Journal Template Die Set. I lined the back of the frame with double-sided foam tape after attaching acetate for the window. Then I used a number of shaker bits from my stash to make myself a fun fall pumpkin shaker mix. I placed the shaker on the card and then I stamped the sentiment from the new set. I used another frame from the Journal Template Die Set to cut it out. 

I love how this card turned out. I look forward to making some more cards with this super set!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you check out the newest summer release. It's so full of fall fun!

Wishing you a very crafty day!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 
 

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

What is it about the beautiful, rich colors of fall. This is so pretty, Janet! This set of images is so darn cute and you've brought them all together beautifully on your card! Adorable!