Thursday, January 5, 2023

CELEBRATE CHALLENGE! FREEBIES JOURNAL SERIES PAGES 1-4 by Mercy Sauer

Hello folks, Mercy here, featuring our first Challenge of 2023, Let’s Celebrate.   It’s more like, Let’s Continue Celebrating, after so many holiday festivities.    

Today, I continue with my Freebies Journal page one through four, all themed to reflect the Challenge.  

Let’s get started!

Page One & Two




I was curious if I could create a full panel including two pages and decided to start my Journal using this idea.   I measured the length and height of the two pages and middle gap, edge to edge.   I proceeded to stamp the scene and color prior to scoring or folding the middle lines.   Once I completed all the coloring, I scored the lines and adhered the panel to pages one and two.   I trimmed any extra cardstock from the edges where needed. Then, I adhered decorative side borders and sentiment strip to the scene, which are all included in the Journal die set

Page 3 and 4

The process for page 3 and 4 was different.   I used the rectangular and scallop panel dies for the background.   I stamped different scenes on each page, within an overall scene which includes both pages.  




Next time, I will ink the sky out of one large piece of paper and then die cut for each panel.  This way, the sky will look the same in the overall scene.

These stamps are so darling, the sky's the limit when creating with them.    Also, so far, big thumbs up for the Journal Die Set, so fun to create!  

Stay tuned for pages 5 and 6 next week!

Wishing you all a great crafty week!





No comments: