Thursday, August 10, 2023

Monochromatic Analogous Colors by Mercy Sauer

Hello friends, welcome back to the Ai daily blog. Today, I continue my exploration of the color wheel. This time I'm using the easiest (in my opinion) color scheme: analogous colors. 

 An analogous color scheme is typically comprised of three colors that fall next to each other on the color wheel. The first is the dominant color, the second is the supporting color and the third serves as an accent. Refer to theColor Wheel 


As you can see, I used one color, all falling next to one another in the color wheel. I feel this style is classy, simple and clean. I enjoy using this technique for stamps with lots of detail, allowing the viewer not to be overwhelmed by all the details.  

I do like popping up elements when using this technique to make it more interesting. In some cases, I use one or two pop ups as shown below.


I hope this posting is helpful when making some decisions. Til next week,




1 comment:

Deb H. said...

Would make a great card for a Golden anniversary or birthday. Thank for your easy to understand explanation of the color wheel