Sunday, September 3, 2023

Come Sail Away! by Reneé Matarese

                                                                Hello and happy Sunday.


Our son took up sailing last fall with a friend of his and has really enjoyed it.  He recently went to a 3 day tournament in Canada and stayed with a couple his friend knows.  He wanted me to make a sailing themed thank you card for them.

This is actually the inside of the card where I've used the seagull and sailboat from the  5325 – Sail Mini Dies. The front of my card wasn't Ai, so if you'd like to see that, you can visit my blog.



He was able to get a picture of his friend on a boat he sailed in a race.  His friend is Canadian and we're American so I loved that the two countries were neck and neck here.  My son was really excited when he saw that I had so many boats and that I had replicated his friends boat.



On the card, I was sure to put Canada in the lead as an extra thank you...lol!
I used Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White Paint to add some white caps to the waves.



I added 3 other non-descript boats because you can't just have two in a race! 
The fine detail on the tiny boats was created with Tombow Twintone Brights – 12pk.


I hope his friends like it!

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

A cool card Renee. I am sure your son’s friend will love receiving this card. Especially since you replicated his sailboat.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow! This is SUPER COOL, Renee!!! I love all the decorated sail boats! How exciting for your son! AMAZING card!!!