Sunday, February 25, 2024

Watercolor Weekend by Jami Steiger 2/25/24





Hello Ai friends!  Today I have 2 cards to share.  It has been cold, dark and dreary for a long time here in Ohio so when I made these cards my mind was moving towards the up coming spring season.  I love spring colors as you will see in the cards I created for this weekend.

For the first card I heat embossed the roses on the pink card base using a Versamark ink pad and clear embossing powder.  For the background paper I created my own using the same rose and leaves stamp from 5831 WC Rose Set and a branch from 4964 WC Branches.  The circle cutout was done with the chickadee from 5419 Bible Icons.  All of these stamped pictures were painted using the following Tombow Markers #569, 969, N55, N25, 177, 977, 772 and 723.  I added some berries to the branch that the chickadee is standing on from 5130 On the Sparrow.  The dies used in the making of this card were the following: 5726 Nested Circle Dies, the lattice detail from 5805 Mini Journal Box and the scalloped edge from 5543 Journal Template Die set.  I used pink ribbon and mini pink pearls from my embellishment stash.








My goodness this card makes me smile!  I love these gnomes from Bonnie.  For the juggling gnome I used the gnome with his hands in the air from 5785 Gnomes.  The bunny ears and eggs were hand drawn.  For his darling house I used 5738 Easter Egg House.  The house and gnome were painted using these Tombow markers, #569, 969, 879, 977, 452, 676, 025, N55 and 177.  I used the small grass from 4051 Foliage and 5009 WC Mini Flowers for the details on the house and under the gnome.  The patterned paper came from 5742 Easter patterned paper.  The dies used were the following: 5724 Nested Rectangle Dies, the word "Spring" from 5719 Fence and Window Dies and the banner from 5809 Decorative Journal Page 2.  Lastly I added some white details using Dr. PH Martin's bleed proof white.







I hope these cards make you smile and give you a little inspiration.




2 comments:

Karen Day said...

Great cards, Jami! I love that you made your own floral background :-)

Deb H. said...

I love your cards. The one with the roses is beautiful. The one with the gnome juggling the Easter eggs is very cute.