Friday, March 1, 2024

Timber! March Guest Designer Challenge #375

 Hello everyone!

We just completed our second Guest Designer challenge and
have the winner who will be our April Guest Designer!

Our entrants followed our All Creatures Great and Small challenge and we selected

Dori M!

She created a spectacular magic picture changer interactive card using 5399 – Gull-Friends Set.
Dori will have all of March to order her free stamp set and create a card for our April Guest Designer Challenge.
She will have her card featured on the Art Impressions social media and will serve as inspiration for all of you for 
April's challenge.  We hope you will join us!



Dori, please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice and she will give me your email address so that we can 
begin brainstorming for our April challenge when you will be our Guest Designer!


Now for our Lucky Random Winner who will receive the
 Exclusive Frog Freebie EX5584 from 2022.



#20 Maggie L.



Congratulations Maggie!
Please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com to claim your free stamp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to introduce our March Guest Designer.

We're so excited to share Ginger McNally's beautiful card.

Our theme for March is Timber!
We want to see your cards using trees, branches, tree stumps, bushes etc.

I am Ginger and I have been chosen for the March Designer.  I feel very honored to be chosen.  Really, I am more of a collector than a designer.  I fell in love with AI stamps in 1997.  They had such cute stamps especially the front and back stamps.  Then about 2020 I saw the watercolor stamps Bonnie created.  I jumped right in and started learning to watercolor with Tombow markers.  AI seems to get better every year. It is so fun to build scenes with their stamps.  Then Bonnie comes out with most of the work done...stamps that are scenes.  Today I am using one of those stamps.  The Rock and Pond #5560.  Bonnie has a video on you tube that really helps to create this card.



I started stamping the stamp with markers #969 and #565.  Be sure to stamp off first so you will not have a dark picture.  I then started Putting blue in the sky #526, then I began pulling the color out of the fence, trees and rocks.  I used #969 on the fence, put leaves on the trees with #249, used the brown twin tone to make the bark on the trees.  I pulled the color out at the bottom of the rocks.  Then I stamped the small grass among the rocks.  I started working on the water.  I added layers of color to make the pond.  I tried to darken around the poles in the water.  I added the white gel pen to the water.  I then stamped the flowers

Tombow Markers--969, 565, 526, 249, 636, 837 plus the brown twin tone and white gel pen.

Stamps used-5560, 5373, 5008, 5009, 5126 and the small grass AAA1374.

This was so much fun. Try to join the challenge this month, it is so easy and lots of fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow Ginger!  What a lovely scene you created!

We know lots of people will inspired to join our challenge because of your card.

As usual, I also have a little bonus prize!

For as long as I have duplicate stamps I will choose a random winner.
These will be for U.S. residents only since these will be mailed by me personally
and not Art Impressions.

This month I have the Exclusive Mouse Freebie EX5539 from 2022.


You will be automatically entered to win when you upload your project to the challenge.

Good luck everyone!

I can't wait to see what you create.

Here is the fine print:

✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation.
✻You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. 
✻You MUST use Art Impressions stamps or dies! You may use other companies products but the main focus should be on Ai items.
✻If you win, you will receive one free stamp set of your choice. In return you will create a brief write up explaining how you made your item and email it to me. (Reneé) and you will mail your project to Art Impressions at your expense. (cheapest method possible is fine) International winners may submit photos through email. We will share your creation on Art Impressions social media.
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy crafting!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

A HUGE CONGRATS to the winners!! Dori, your card is flippin' AMAZING!! I love how you created this and you have totally inspired me to make one of these! Can't wait to see what you come up with in April!

Hunky Dory said...

Thx Sharon! Huge compliment! Looking forward to creating for April. It’s going to be quite the challenge. 😬

Sharon Caudle said...

Ginger, your card is beautiful!! I love that you've been such a big fan of AI for so long! So happy you're guest designing for the month!