Thursday, February 29, 2024

Shake. It. UP!! Challenge #371 Week 1

Hello everyone!
It's time for a new challenge.

We have Janet as our Featured Designer this week and her card is MAGNIFICENT!!

Our new challenge is Shake It Up.
Make a shaker card or include something that shakes on your card like a wobble.


Before we share Janet's card, let's see who won our last challenge.

For our Top Spot we selected Beverly Sizemore for her hilarious birthday card that used the retired birthday couple.





Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!

Our Lucky Random Winner was #3 Tasie





Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!

Now for the star of our show...we have an AMAZING card from Janet. 
She worked so hard on this card and it's simply gorgeous!

Tell us about your card Janet.

Hello Ai Fans and welcome to a brand new challenge. This one is called Shake It Up. You can play along by linking up your own shaker card or any card that shakes in some way. It's my pleasure to be the feature artist for this challenge and I am thrilled to show you how I made my shaker card to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! This year, it falls on March 17th so it's just the right time to make a St. Patty's card. My images are from the humorous 5006 - Sham-rock Set. Below are all the images I colored. I didn't use all of them but anything I don't use, I just put back in the stamp package for the next time I pull out a set. This lady is doing a jig and is so cheerful. I love her green suit! I also gave a try at coloring a green beer.

My card is just a series of rectangles with the top rectangle being a frame. Except for the largest green mat, I cut all the rectangles using the 5724 - Nested Rectangle Dies. I love all the new nested sets because it provides so many matting options! Below is a photo of the set. I marked the dies I used to cut my rectangles with blue washi tape. These dies worked great on an A2 sized card base, I used the following dies as marked in blue. Working from the outside in, I use the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th dies. 

Below you can see two matted rectangles and the shaker frame. This is how I cut and stacked them. The largest rectangle set on the left is a white A2 card base with a piece of green cardstock cut at 3 7/8" x 5 3/16" on top. This is the only rectangle that I cut without a die. The second rectangle set was cut with the 1st and 3rd die. The frame was cut using the 4th and 7th die.

This is the 2nd rectangle set from above just after I cut them out.

The 4th and 7th dies are used to create a frame. This will be the shaker frame with an acetate window. Under the window, I'll add all kinds of fun St. Patrick's themed shaker pieces.

Once the white frame was cut, I cut another piece of acetate using the 4th die and glued it to the back of the frame. Then I added three layers of foam tape around the frame. Normally I use only two layers but my shaker pieces are large and I wanted to make sure everything would be able to move freely in the shaker. Here you can see the frame turned upside down so you can see the foam tape. You can also see the shaker bits I used. This came in a shaker set I had in my stash. If I didn't have this, I would have used green and gold sequins.

Here's closer look at the thickness of the three layers of foam on the back of the frame. I purchase my foam tape in rolls from Amazon in different widths. I used quarter inch width for this frame. It fits perfectly!

At this stage, I had glued the rectangles on top of the A2 card base as well as the shaker with all kinds of gold and green St. Patrick's Day goodies inside. To attach the shaker, simply place all the shaker bits you want in the center area of the shaker. Then peel the backer off of the foam tape and carefully place it on the card being sure to apply pressure so that the seal is solid so all the bits will stay inside the shaker. You should also be careful to make sure that all the bits are in the center so they don't get caught under the foam tape.


And that's all it takes to create this shaker card! I really like the multiple frames that stack and highlight the shaker in the middle. After this was prepared, it was ready to decorate. I framed the shaker with the pieces I had colored and cut out. I thought it would be fun to have her holding the hat and have a 4-leaf clover sticking out of the pot of gold. I made a looped green bow and glued the beer stein to the center. Although there are many fun sentiments in this stamp set, I really didn't think one was needed. I will likely add one of them to the inside of the card instead.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. 

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest


✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation. You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!

✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

Congratulations to the winners. Janet your card is fabulous.

Hunky Dory said...

Congratulations Beverly! I love your card!

Sharon Caudle said...

Congratulations Beverly! Your card is fabulous!! Janet, I love this card so much! This stamp set is awesome and I totally love how you've featured her with the shaker card!