Saturday, June 22, 2024

Just A Little Note by Janet

Creating with the new 5905 Music Shop MB5905 Music Shop MB set was a wonderful journey into memories of band in my high school and college years. The shop has no shortage of details and includes many instruments including horns, stringed instruments, a tambourine, and books and sheets of music. While this is technically a shop, it really reminded me of the old music room in my school. It had cabinets and shelves of instruments and music. It was a place of fun and imagination. It was a place where all my "trebles" could disappear an hour at a time. It was where I developed a true love of music and I'm forever grateful for it and the teacher who was a force to reckon with. 

In many ways, card making has become my adult "music shop." It's only fitting that I would enjoy making this matchbook card. As with all MB cards, it starts wit the 5317 MB Template Die. This cuts the base card with fold lines. I cut a window using the window die and frame in this set. I also cut the easel piece which when glued to the back will help the card stand straight and open. 

This card is certainly one of my new favorites and I know I'm going to make one for each of the people who accompany me in my flute solos and duets at church. They will be quite entranced by this card. I can't wait to share one with them!

 Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my card gives you some ideas of your own. Please visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Be sure to take a look at all the new releases while you are there. Have a great Saturday!


 Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Janet, this is so awesome! And I learned something new about you! Didn't know you played the flute! My Niece and great niece are both avid players of the flute and will play with a band of flutists from time to time. I love to listen to them play! Maybe some day you'll post a video of you playing. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

SugarShine Designs said...

Thanks Sharon. A band of flutists sounds so fun! I wish there was something like that where I live. I’m not all that good but I enjoy playing just the same. Thanks for you kind comments. - Janet