Thursday, August 1, 2024

Fairytale Shaker by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Thursday AI Friends!

Today I have a fun little shaker card for you using the new Fairytale Houses #5935 stamp and die set along with the Woodland Fairies #5915 stamp set.

       I've been wanting to make a shaker card for the longest time, so I thought this stamp set would make a cute one using the coffee pot from the Fairytale Houses and the little accessories that are included in the set.  I stamped the coffee pot on a 4 x 4 piece of copic friendly paper and colored with my copic markers listed below.  Each of the other images were stamped with memento black ink on a separate piece of copic friendly paper and colored with copic markers as well.  I cut each of the images with the coordinating dies, other than the coffee pot. 

To make the shaker, I used a scalloped edge circle die from my stash to cut the circle from the white cardstock.  I stamped the saying, from the Fairytale Houses set, to the bottom before creating the shaker.  I adhered a piece of 4 x 4 acetate to the backside of the circle to make the window.  I then took a thin strip of foam tape and placed it in a circle form to the backside of the window.  I placed another strip of foam tape over the other to double it up.  I placed some clear sequins into the well of the circle and then adhered the 4 x 4 square coffee pot image onto the foam tape.  




To finish off the card, I glued the bee and the flowers onto the acetate, tucking the stems of the flowers into the scallop edge of the circle.  Then I glued the fairy and the mushrooms onto the outer edge.  I put foam tape all around the backside of this cardstock and adhered to a yellow piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardstock and placed onto a side folding A2 card base.

I hope you enjoyed my shaker card and try one for yourself.  They are really quite fun to play with.

Have a great day and enjoy creating!
Copics used:  E000, E01, E11
E50, E51, E53, E55, E57
C1, C2, C5
B0000, B000
R02, R05, R22, R24
Y11, Y15, Y17
G40, G43



1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

This card couldn't be any more adorable! I love that it's a shaker too!! LOVE it!!