Thursday, August 15, 2024

Golf Shop Matchbook by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Thursday AI Friends!

Today I want to share one of my favorite AI matchbook sets - #5907 Golf Shop.  These matchbooks are so cute and fun to make for your favorite golfer friend or spouse.  Bonnie did such a great job at including all the golf necessities in this little shop.

If you have never made one of these cute little matchbook sets, you have to give it a whirl.  There are over 25 different sets to pick from on the AI website.  You are sure to find one that is perfect for that special someone.  Just make sure you have the #5317 Matchbook Template dies, as you will need that for the base of this little card.

I started out stamping all the pieces from this set onto copic friendly paper and coloring with my copic markers listed below.  I then cut each of the pieces with the coordinating dies that are included with the set.  Since these images are small, I found that if you pick your colors and then color each item with the lightest color, it helps to see if you have your colors spaced apart nicely before doing your shading.

Bonnie has a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTqXgY0Ebmk explaining how to put these matchbooks together if you need assistance.  As you can see, I forgot to put the window frames on this card, so don't do as I do.  LOL!

If you want to make an envelope for your matchbook card, you will need the #5318 Matchbook Envelope Die.  I made my envelope below with the #5873 Mini Birthday paper pack.  Art Impressions paper packs are awesome.  They are high quality, double sided papers and come is such great color combinations.  The golf bag on the front of the envelope is the same golf bag from the left side of the matchbook.  I just colored and fussy cut leaving off the sale sign and pole.



I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Enjoy creating!

Copics used:  C00, C01, C03
E51, E53, E55, E57
V12, V15
B41, B45
G40, G43





No comments: