Thursday, August 1, 2024

Houses! Guest Designer Challenge #8 with Julie Worthing

Hello everyone and welcome to the August Guest Designer Challenge!

HOUSES!

We want to see your projects with houses on them.

Everything from real houses, haunted houses, fairy and gnome houses...even bee hives.
Hey, the bees live there...lol! 
If it's a house, then it works.

This month we have Julie Worthing as our Guest Designer
and she created a stunning scene to inspire you.

Before we see what she created, let's see who won our POCKETS challenge
in July and will be out Guest Designer in September.


We selected Barb E.


Congratulations Barb!


You will be the Art Impressions September Guest Designer.


Barb,  please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com
so that we can discuss your challenge theme and to claim a free stamp set of your choice.


The lucky winner of my Freebie is...

Diane Z.




Please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com with your address to see what freebies I have and claim your free stamp.

Now for our August Guest Designer.
Let's see what Julie has to share.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello to all of my AI family.

My name is Julie and I was honored to be chosen to be this months Guest Designer. I have been into the card crafting scene since 2006. But I first learned of Art Impression in 2016 at a craft show. I really didn’t start my obsession until 2021 and now can’t seem to get enough of it. I try to paint regularly but life does get in the way sometimes. I am always amazed at how you can use a few stamps and create a masterpiece to keep or give away. My hobbies are playing the piano, singing, painting with Art Impressions and making cards, framed pictures, journals and more. I so appreciate everyone's talent, especially the Queen Bee and her entire family who go above and beyond with sharing their talent, instructions, and products.

This months challenge is Houses. As you know there are so many possibilities with all of the structure stamps that AI have to chose from. Any house will do whether it be traditional or whimsical.

I chose one of the Cape Cod houses for my example. It is from set 5524 - WC Cape Cod Houses.


Here is how I did it:

First I stamped the house after applying our usual colors to the stamp - 565 and then 969. I stamped the imaged off twice and then to my Canson 140lb cold press watercolor paper.

Next I pulled the color out for the shading of the house.


Then I stamped the image on post it tape, cut out and applied to the house. Then I stamped the tree (From set 5373 - WC Lg Tree Set) onto the right of the house. Next I drew in a horizon line and removed the masking.

 

Next I colored the house roofs, porch, and window ledges with 947, then added a little 969 for variation. I used my brown twin tone to add lines to the roof, porch and ledges.

I mixed a little 969 and 856 together to paint the chimneys and then used a pencil to create bricks.

I used the Blue Twin Tone to draw in the windows.

I painted the door with 856 - red, and then used the brown Twin Tone to add the handle and hinges.

Then I painted the tree with 947 and highlighted with 969. Then stamped the leaves using the leave cluster from the tree set (5373 - WC Lg Tree Set) with Tombow 177. After dabbing the leaves I repeated adding more leaves in 249 to create contrast.

Next I added the sky with Tombow 565.

I then added small grasses form the Foliage Set 4051 along the front and side of the house and added some vines from set 5126 - WC Foliage Set, leaving room for flowers.

Next, I stamped in the red flowers using Tombow 856 and the small cluster of flowers from set - WC Flower Set 2, to the left and right of the house.

Then I added additional flowers using Tombow 676 on the flower cluster form set - WC Flower Set 4052.

I dabbed and blended the grass, vines and flowers, pulling some of the color out beyond all.

I added the shrub along the horizon line with Tombow 177 with the shrub stamp from set - 5372 - WC Mini Foliage Set and the added water by dabbing and dragging some color out in front of the shrubs.

Then I added a little of 947 and 969 to create a path from the steps. I also used a little of N45 on the base of the house to look like a stone foundation.

Next, I added some shading as Bonnie has taught us and Twin Tones to enhance where needed.

Then I added white paint to the composition flowers, grasses and vines.


I hope you give this a try and I can’t wait to see what you create!!!

Julie



Stamps used: 

5524 - WC Cape Cod Houses 
5373 - WC Lg Tree Set - Tree and Leaves
4868 - WC Flower Set 2 (small heart bunch flowers)
5372 - WC Mini Foliage (shrubs)
4052 - WC Flower Set - 4052 (cluster of flowers)
5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 (vines)
4051 - WC Foliage Set (small grass)

Twintones used:

 Brown
 Blue
 Red

Tombows used:

 249, 856, 676, 565, 969, 177, 947, N45



Wow Julie!
What a fabulous card.
Thank you so much for setting the inspiration for our Houses challenge.

I also have a little bonus prize!

For as long as I have duplicate stamps I will choose a random winner.
These will be for U.S. residents only since these will be mailed by me personally
and not Art Impressions.

This month I have 24 different freebies to choose from.
I've been offering them one at a time with a photo here but almost everyone
has had the one I've offered when they've won and selected a different one.

If you are selected as the freebie winner I will send you a photo of what I have
and you can choose from that.


Good luck to everyone in August!

Here is the fine print...

✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation.
✻You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. 
✻You MUST use Art Impressions stamps or dies! You may use other companies products but the main focus should be on Ai items.
✻If you win, you will receive one free stamp set of your choice. In return you will create a brief write up explaining how you made your item and email it to me. (ReneĆ©) 
We will share your creation on Art Impressions social media.
If you would like to participate in the challenge but not be
considered to be a guest designer please place an X after your name.
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy crafting!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

diane zechman said...

Big thanks, Renee! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!! Fantastic cards by all!! Congrats to Barb, Diane, and Julie your card is gorgeous!!

Kathy Raker said...

Congratulations to Barb and Diane, adorable cards! Julie, great job on house card! Love all the details.

GetSewing said...

I'm so excited!

Barbara Edmondson said...

I'm so excited to do this!