Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Along Came a Spider! #10 October Monthly Guest Designer Challenge with Marianne Hansen

Hello Ai fans!

Welcome to our Monthly Guest Designer Challenge.

This month it's Along Came a Spider!

Our October Guest Designer is Marianne Hansen and she has a beautiful card to inspire you. Before we see what she created, let's see who won our September, We Don't Use Enough Purple Challenge.

We chose Simone Carr for her gorgeous fall card!


Congratulations Simone!

You will be the Art Impressions November Guest Designer.


Simone,  please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com
so that we can discuss your challenge theme and to claim a free stamp set of your choice.

Now for the Lucky Random Winner of a freebie stamp from me.

#7 April J.



Please contact me at Renee@artimpressions.com with your address to see what freebies I have and claim your free stamp.

Now for our October Guest Designer.
Let's see what Marianne has to share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My Ai Friends,
I am absolutely delighted to have been chosen as October’s Guest Designer.
October is extra special to me because exactly two years ago, I stumbled upon a Bonnie Krebs Video Tutorial .  Since then, life has never been the same.

I have been a crafter since my first box of crayons, kiddie scissors and yellow Elmer’s glue.
I have been making cards since 2004 and since then have been published 6 times, won several Design Contests and last year, over a course of a 12 month voting process,  a design of mine was voted “2023 Card Of The Year” by Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.

Since discovering “Watercolour the Art Impressions Way” I never imagined in my wildest dreams the journey this would take me on.  Not only have I found my passion, but the friendships I have made through this wonderful site has brought great inspiration, creativity and joy into my life.

After 35 years in the Legal Field with one of the largest Law Firms in our city, I am now retired and have the blessing of being full time care giver for our 86 year old mom who lives with me.  Ai and the friends I have made here is the salve that nourishes my soul.

I love making wreath cards.  The versatility is endless.  Seasons, Holidays, Birthdays, Birds, Nature, and any other theme can be made into a wreath card.

For my “Along Came A Spider” card I made an Autumn themed wreath with fall foliage, pumpkins, a squirrel and a Spider dangling down from a branch.  


For depth and texture, I painted the pumpkins and squirrel separately,  and then popped them up with foam dots.  …….(ok…I did that because I messed up on the pumpkins…so had to improvise…..).  C’mon…we’ve all been there……right??
I hope you like it and that it inspires you to think of a wreath card for your next special design.

I lightly drew a 3” circle using a steel die as a guide, then after painting was done, erased the pencil marks.  I mounted the painting on co ordinating orange cards stock.  I ran brown card stock through die cutting machine with a deeply embossed Woodland Tree Embossing folder.  Finally mounted it on a card and it is ready for giving.  Don’t forget to sign your painting!!


Sets Used.
5946   Fall Bench Set
4964   Branches Set
4052   Flower Set 1
5828   Poinsettia Set
4963   Fall Foliage Set
4867   Foliage Set 2
5126   Foliage Set 4
5059  Harvest Set
And of course some “Kendra Dots” that are in Bible Journal Set 5418

Markers Used.
993,  933,  925,  946,  969,  947,  636,  
Brown Twin Tone 
Dr. P.H. Martin’s Bleed Proof White



For as long as I have duplicate stamps I will choose a random winner.
These will be for U.S. residents only since these will be mailed by me personally
and not Art Impressions.

If you are selected as the freebie winner I will send you a photo of what I have
and you can choose from that.
Here is the fine print...
✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation.
✻You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. 
✻You MUST use Art Impressions stamps or dies! You may use other companies products but the main focus should be on Ai items.
✻If you win, you will receive one free stamp set of your choice. In return you will create a brief write up explaining how you made your item and email it to me. (ReneĆ©) 
We will share your creation on Art Impressions social media.
✻If you would like to participate in the challenge but not be
considered to be a guest designer please place an X after your name.
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy crafting!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: