Saturday, June 13, 2026

Hello Friend Floral Shop and Craftiness is Happiness Cards by Diane Mason

Hello, and welcome back for Watercolor Weekend!

Hello, my Ai Watercolor friends and fans! I have two friend cards to share with you today – one with a 3D floral theme and the other perfect for a “Crafty” friend.

Hello Friend Floral Shop Card:

This fun 3D card features elements from the recently released 6159 – Floral Shop Die Set and 6114 – Box Village Template Dies. I also used an image from 5444 – Matchbook Garden Set for the interior of the shop window.

Colors and Supplies Used

Paper: Canson XL Watercolor Paper

Patterned Paper: 6205 – Floral Shop Paper Pack

Cardstock: Green, White

Brush: No. 4 round brush, No. 1 round brush

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Ink

Stamps and Dies:

  • 6159 – Floral Shop Die Set
  • 6114 – Box Village Template Dies
  • 5444 – Matchbook Garden Set
  • 6062 – Hydrangea Floral Set

Tombow Dual Brush Pens:

  • Hat: 992 and 856
  • Gardening gloves: 856
  • Watering can: 526, N52, 565
  • All greenery: 177, 173
  • Blue flower pot: 555 and 565
  • Purple flower pot: 636, 565
  • Shelf: 977
  • Shelf paneling and white containers: 565 for shadows

Other: Foam squares, Post-It Tape, Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bleed Proof White

I folded an 8 ½ x11-inch piece of white cardstock in half and placed the page die from 6114 – Box Village Template Dies just outside the fold line of the die to cut the card base. All the decorative house elements are from 6159 – Floral Shop Die Set and die cut from 6205 – Floral Shop Paper Pack and white cardstock. I inked the image from 5444 – Matchbook Garden Set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and watercolored the image using the above Tombow colors. I die cut the image using the window die. Using the window pane die, I die cut it from white cardstock five times and glued all five together to create a 3D effect. Additional die cuts included the vine and bush cut from green cardstock and the flowers from watercolor paper. I painted the flowers pink (703) and the centers (025, 933). For the doorstep stairs, I die cut watercolor paper using the stairs die from 6114, and painted them gray (N79).

  

Once I had the card front mostly assembled, I popped up the flower boxes, window awning, dormer trim, door sign and stairs with foam squares.

  

For the inside of the door, I die cut another door front from white cardstock, and trimmed the hinge off with scissors. I stamped the Hello Friend sentiment from 5444 in 703 and glued the panel into the interior of the door for a fun surprise element.

Inside the card, I added decorative panels using dies from 6114. The friends sentiment is from 6062.

Craftiness is Happiness Card:

I have had this set in my stamp stash for such a long time and finally decided to give it some love! I think all of us artists and crafters can relate to this fabulous set. This is a perfect “just because” card for a crafty friend. 5563 – Queen of Craft set includes stamps and dies for the images, as well as a scripty “Crafty” die.

Colors and Supplies Used

Tombow Dual Brush Pens:

  • 555 – books, papers, painter’s tape, marker, paint brush jar and jar accessories
  • 403 – books, papers, marker, and ribbon
  • 173 – die cutting machine, book, and marker.
  • 977 – shelf, chalkboard frame, ruler, wooden crate, and hair strands
  • 850, 942 – face, hands, and feet
  • 992 – rug
  • 703 – ribbon, heat gun, and jar accessories
  • 636 – wheeled craft tote
  • 856, 837 – books, hearts, paint brush handle, coffee mug, earring, cheeks, lips, and craft tote bag
  • 933, 856 – scissors and books
  • N25 – chalkboard, craft tote bag, and wheels on wheeled craft tote
  • 569 – pajamas
  • 025, 026 – hair, crown, books, marker, ribbon
  • N52, 565 – shadows, slippers, shelf, storage container, papers, jars and tables

Other Coloring Supplies:

  • Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink (stamped image)
  • Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bleed Proof White – jar highlights, polka dots, books and ribbons details, hair highlights, mug heart, and chalkboard lettering
  • Winsor & Newton Gold Ink – crown details
  • Tombow TwinTone Pens – gray and brown (for details)
  • Black Micron pen

·       Brush: No. 4 round brush, No. 1 round brush

Paper & Dies:

  • Canson XL Watercolor Paper
  • Purple cardstock
  • White embossed cardstock
  • 5063 – Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies
  • 5061 – Square Double Stitched Dies
  • 5563 – Queen of Craft (Crafty die)

 

To finish the inside, I added a white panel and stamped the sentiment from the set in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I had such a great time creating both of these friend cards. I hope they spark ideas for your own weekend crafting. Until next time, Happy Painting!





3 comments:

Gennette H. said...

Diane I am always blown away by all of the little details you put in your creations!! Absolutely fantastic!

Cynthia said...

Great projects, Diane! Love all of the fabulous details.

Sharon Caudle said...

Amazing creations, Diane! I absolutely love your Blooms card! To put that stamp behind the window was genius! And your Crafty card is insanely cute!!!