Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Focus on Faith with Sara Furr: Bird and Tulip Wall Hanging

 



Blessings, dear friends, and welcome to my first edition of "Focus on Faith" for the month of August.  Today, I have a fun project for you that is not so much card as it is a quaint little wall hanging.


I started by die cutting an oval panel of Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock, on which I stamped the tulip image from the "Sing to the Lord" set, in Versafine Black Ink using my stamp positioner. I then inked up just the bird from the "Songbirds and Feeders"set. It is the bird perched on the side of the bird bath.  I stamped it so that it was just at the top of the back tulip. I then proceeded to color my images using Polychromos colored pencils. 


 When  was done,  I ink blended some yellow ink up in the right hand corner for a bit of sunlight ,and then I placed the oval back into my stamping tool, and stamped the sentiment from the "Sing to the Lord" set, with Versafine black ink. 



I die cut the black frame and applied it to the top of my oval and then I applied foam tape to the back of it. I die cut a larger oval of white cardstock and embossed it with a tulip embossing folder, and I applied ink to the raised embossing with mini ink blending brushes. 



 I then adhered that panel down to my scalloped green oval base with foam tape, and added the black hanger with adhesive. 

 That finishes my project for today. I hope that you got inspired to look at your stamp sets in a new way, and that you will try coloring your images using colored pencils. I love the amount of texture and shading that I can achieve using colored pencils.

 I wish you all a very blessed and crafty week!
 Your friend in Faith, 
Sara Furr- The Crafty Farm Chick

 

Other supplies used:
Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock 
Paper cutter
Die cutting machine
Oval dies and hangers 
Embossing folder
Foam tape
Versafine black ink 
Polychromos colored pencils 
Yellow ink
Green ink
Coral ink
Blue ink
Red ink
Mini blending brushes

1 comment:

Gennette H. said...

This is beautiful Sara!