Blessings my dear friends, and welcome to the first edition of my "Focus on Faith" for the month of October. I can't believe it's October already, and at the same time I am also so excited and thankful that it is finally Autumn! I love Fall most of all! The beauty of the changing leaves here in my neck of the woods is so gorgeous. I knew that I wanted to do a fall themed project, and so I pulled out my fall stamps and I got to thinking about the sentiment in the Harvest Together stamp set that says, "Sow Kindness, Harvest Friendship", and that made me think about God's golden rule to "Love thy neighbor as thyself!" That we should treat everyone with respect and dignity, even those who are hard to love or who act as enemies. Showing kindness towards others, especially those we don't like or are our enemies, is one of the hardest things to do, but brings us the closest to God. So, I thought this sweet little scarecrow bringing her enemy, the crow, a basket full of apples was quite fitting. I paired it with the sentiment, "You are the APPLE of His eye," from the Frameworks Sentiments stamp set, because when we show kindness to our enemies, we become even more special in the eyes of our Lord. I thought this little fall scene was a cute way to show that. I stamped my images onto Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock with Versafine Onyx black ink and colored them up with Prismacolor colored pencils, and then I die cut them with the coordinating dies.
My background pattern paper is actually a pretty fall napkin that I separated the plys and glued it to white cardstock with a glue stick. You can smooth it out or you can crinkle it up before adhering it, and it will give you a wonderful textured look.
These are the products I used:
#5507- Harvest Together stamp and die set
#5417- Frameworks Sentiments
I wish you all God's blessings, and I thank you for joining me today. I hope I have inspired you to take a second look at your stamp sets and see more than just one way to use them. Happy Fall my friends! God bless you all!
Sara Furr- The Crafty Farm Chick
No comments:
Post a Comment