
Hello, my Art Impressions friends!


Halloween is the perfect time to let our imagination fly,
and today I’m excited to share a fun, interactive Halloween card featuring the
**Art Impressions stamp set 5190**. This card is full of Halloween mischief,
with a broom flying toward the moon, carrying some unexpected passengers!
The dog and mouse enjoy their magical ride, while the scary
cat hangs from the broom, making this spooky scene even more fun. Add a few
ghosts and pumpkins, and we have a Halloween card full of personality!
## Step 1: Create the Watercolor Background


I started by creating a paper mask for the moon and adding masking fluid for the stars. Then, I painted the background using watercolor paint. I
wanted to give the card a spooky Halloween atmosphere, with a colorful night
sky that would complement the moon and the flying broom, so I added black and purple clouds using a wet-on-wet technique. Finally, I painted a bright yellow moon with orange and gray shadows.
Once the watercolor background was completely dry, I removed the masking fluid and painted the stars with shimmer. I stamped pine trees on the background and dormant trees over the moon for extra spookiness. I printed a copy of the finished background to use behind the original panel. This little trick is important for an interactive card because I needed to cut a slit in the background for the slider mechanism. By placing the printed copy underneath, the design continues seamlessly behind the opening, keeping the background looking neat and continuous as the broom moves.


## Step 2: Stamp, Color, and Die Cut the Images
Next, I stamped the Halloween images and colored them using
Tombow markers. I used stamp set 5190 for the broom and its funny Halloween
passengers, and stamp set 4927 for the ghosts. I also added pumpkins from sets
5456 and 5190 to complete the spooky scene.
After coloring all the images, I die-cut them so they were ready to be arranged on the card.
## Step 3: Make the Broom Fly!
Now for the most exciting part: making the broom actually
fly!
To create the interactive movement, I used the **Snap 'N Slide Slider from Pear Blossom Press**. This mechanism allows the broom to move
across the card, creating the illusion that the dog and mouse are flying toward
the moon while the scared cat hangs on for dear life.

I carefully created the slit in the watercolor background (the original) for the slider to move through. Then, I inserted the back of the slider mechanism on the slide from the back of the front panel; the other piece snaps on top. I added foam tape
around the back of the card to allow the piece to slide freely. The extra printed background underneath helps conceal the opening and maintain the look of the watercolor scene.

Finally, I mounted the card on an A2 (5.5 x 4.25 in) black mat, and I snapped the broom to the front piece of the slider so it could travel along its path.
Watching the broom move makes this card extra special! Here is a short video or find it on my YouTube channel "Crafts and Designs by Neema".
My second card: The Haunted Mansion
My second card is a spooky yet whimsical 5 x 7 card featuring the newly released stamp set 6259. For this card, I created a spooky night sky using Tombow markers in shades of deep blue and purple, gray clouds, and a big glowing full moon illuminating the scene. In front of the moon sits a haunted mansion guarded by four laughing pumpkins at the bottom of the hill. In the foreground, a cute little owl perches on a wonky tree, keeping an eye on everything happening around. The glittery border adds up to the fun!
I really enjoyed making these cards; they're very fun and perfect for sending pumpkin kisses and Halloween wishes to friends and family.
What do you think? Would you dare to take a ride on the magic broom or visit the haunted mansion? Let me know in the comments.
Wishing you a Watercolor Sunday filled with spooky fun and a lot of crafting.
Neema
No comments:
Post a Comment