Sunday, October 4, 2026

Pumpkins and Sunflowers by Simone Carr

 


Hello AI Friends!

Welcome back for another Watercolor Weekend!

Autumn is officially here, and that means it is time to bring out the cozy colors and playful designs!

Grab your favorite cozy drink, your favorite paper supplies, and let’s dive into creating this whimsical fall scene.

I placed a piece of Canson Watercolor Paper in my stamping platform. I started with the 5426 set. I used 565 + 969 on the stamp, leaving out the container, bird, and the top of the pumpkin. I stamped it off once. I then stamped the image onto masking paper and cut it out to cover my stamped image.

I placed the stack of pumpkins from 5595 on top of the previous stamped image to see what would work best. I left the bottom two pumpkins out, so I only inked the top four pumpkins using 565 + 969, stamped off once.

I then used my stamp positioner to place the hay bale, sleeping gnome, container, and gnome on the ladder. I removed the masking sheet once I had stamped everything and began coloring.

I placed a piece of masking tape over the container and stamped in the flowers and grass. Afterwards, I added the sky blue background.

Once all the coloring was finished, I added a few touches of Bleed Proof White to bring out some extra details and finished the card with a paper from the Fall S2 PP. I love how all the little fall elements came together to create this playful autumn scene.





Materials Used

Stamps & Dies

  • 5598 Harvest Set
  • 5426 WC Veggies
  • 5595 Harvest Pumpkin Set
  • 5059 Harvest Set
  • 4868 Flower Set 2
  • 4051 Foliage Set 1
  • 5785 Gnomes Set
  • 4964 Branches Set
  • 5061 Square Double Stitched Die

Paper

  • 5973 Fall S2 PP
  • Canson Watercolor Paper
  • Masking Paper

Inks & Mediums

  • Bleed Proof White
  • TwinTone Brown

Tombow Markers

  • 565 + 969 – Stamped Image
  • 312 – Pumpkin
  • 837 – Gnomes Hat + Flowers
  • 117, 133 – Pumpkin
  • 947 – Ladder
  • N49, 992, 027 – Container
  • 985, 026 – Hay
  • 528 – Gnome Pants
  • 933, 946, 925, 055 – Pumpkin
  • 912 – Gnome’s Nose and Hand
  • 098 – Grass, Ground
  • 526 – Sky


For my bonus card, I wanted to create a simple scene using the Sunflower Border and the Bird Flock. I stamped the sunflower border onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper using Distress Ink Lost Shadow. I then added a light wash of 526 for the sky before stamping a few birds from the Bird Flock. I only used a portion of the Bird Flock stamp to add the birds to the scene. Once everything was stamped, I colored the images using the Tombow markers listed below.

Once everything was colored and dry, I added my sentiment and layered the panel onto paper from the Gnome PP collection. I used foam tape to add some dimension before adhering it to the card base.

I love how the sunflowers and birds came together to add a little extra interest to the card.


Materials Used

Stamps & Dies

  • 6255 Sunflower Border

  • WC0125 Bird Flock (2025 Exclusive)

  • Alternative for Bird Flock: 5473 Seagull Set

  • 5136 WC Sentiment Set 2

Paper

  • 5832 Gnome PP

  • Strathmore Bristol Smooth

Inks & Mediums

  • Foam Tape

  • Distress Ink Lost Shadow

Tombow Markers

  • 993

  • 985

  • 055

  • 905

  • 947

  • 526





No comments: