Hello and Welcome to
Watercolor Weekend! I am so loving these
new releases, they just keep getting better and better!
I love gnomes! Isn’t this just the cutest thing ever! The Storybook Series are such a beautiful piece that can be made as a special gift for someone. Using 6223 Whimsical Storybook Set, I started off by stamping my images on watercolor paper with Distress Ink Pumice Stone, and stamped off once for each one. I picked my paper from the 6083 Bible Journaling Season 1 Cover Paper Pack so I could coordinate the colors with my images. I love this vine paper with its different shades of greens and purples! After I had my images stamped I then took the die that cuts out the inside back piece and traced it around the little house for a guide. I colored each piece in the following colors.
Wheelbarrow:
Blackberries –
M108 Marvy Black Cherry, M15, leaves – 126, 177
Wheelbarrow – mix
of 565 and 969, 969, 947, N15
Ground – 177
Strawberries –
856, 947, 565, leaves – 177, 249, Bleed Proof White
Mushrooms – Tops –
M108, 837, 969, bottoms – 992, 969
Mailbox – Post –
947, 969, Box – 312, 026, Flag – 026, 856, Black Micron for the numbers
Ground – 177
Hat – M108, 565
Shirt – 126
Pants – 565
Shoes – N15
Skin – 850, 910,
912,
Beard – 565
Black Micron and
pencil for the facial feature
Hair – 992, 026,
947
Skin – 850, 910,
912, 772
Dress – 177
Wings – 526 and
Wink of Stella
992, 969, 947
Flower- 565, 055,
025, 177
Chimney – mix of
565 and 969, 947, 249
Roof and trim –
947, 969
Windows – pencil
and 565
Door- 312, door
knob – 026, 947
Ground – 177
Path – 969
Sky – 526
Shadows – 565
I die cut the images with the included dies once done. The house also has a die which I chose not to use. When I stamped out my images, I also created a mask for the house. After putting the mask in place I then used 2 branches from 4964 Branches set in 969 to place 2 trees and some vines in front. I used the tree foliage from 5372 WC Mini Foliage in 126 and 177. The vine from 5126 WC Foliage Set 4 in 126, 177. The grass from 5826 WC Large Tree Set 2 in 177, 969. I softened all of these with a damp brush and after it dried I added in some Bleed Proof White for some flowers. I then took the 6121 Storybook Template and cut it out of the paper from 6083. I used a solid purple cardstock to cut out the 3 pieces that stage the cutout images, and also cut out my back piece with the house. I assembled the inserts first and then attached them together with foam dots, along with the back piece. I then folded along the crease lines in the box and centered my assembled piece behind the oval in the box. It wasn’t until after I put this together that I realized that I should have taken pictures of this process, my apologies for that. Once I had the inserts attached I then glued the box together. I used one of the oval cutouts to cut out the hanger. I creased and glued the two sides together and then glued it to the back side of the box. Finished it off with some ribbon, a dot of bling, and the gnome on the front. Don’t forget that you are not limited to this alone, get creative with the stamps and use them alone by leaving off the attaching guidelines. Use nested dies to create a scene on a card. You could even create a 3D shaker piece.
For my 2nd card I used two of the newest releases in the Countryside Series, 6249 Country Chapel and 6254 FG Thankful Border. Each one was stamped on watercolor paper with Distress Ink in Pumice Stone, after stamping off once. I started with the Thankful Border, and then with a stamp positioner I placed in the barn from the Country Chapel Set, leaving off a bit of the edges on the sides. I colored each piece in the following colors.
Windows – 565, 969
Hayloft – 969, mix
of 565 and 969
Roof – N52, 947
“Hay” – 076, 055
Shirt – 098, 993,
905 – button – 905, 947 – belt – 969
Pants – 879 –
patch – 026
Hat – 027 – patch
– 993 – Band – 228
Scarf – 905
Shoe – 947
Pumpkins – 993,
933, 885 – stems – 098, 249
Tree – 969 – leaves-
025/933, 993/837, 025/126, and 947
Fence – mix of 565
and 969, 969
Basket – 992, 969
Bucket – mix of
565 and 969 – apples – 126, 856, and 969
Leaves – 025/933, 993/837, 025/126
I then used 4868
Flower Set 2 for the mums in 933, adding right over this with 885 in spots, and
249 for the stems. After adding water I
went back in with 885 in just the flowers in spots and stamped again before
adding some Bleed Proof White. I used
the grass from 4051 Foliage Set 1 in 228, softening with a damp brush. From the same set I used the vine to add a
few more leaves into the tree with 993 and 885.
I used a branch from 4964 Branches Set in two spots in 969. 5010 WC Tree Set 1 was used for the pine
trees in 249 after masking off the edge of the barn with post-it tape. I also added some Bleed Proof White into the
grasses for some wildflowers. I then cut
out my image with the largest die from 6045 Scalloped Circles Die and then
chose two pieces of paper from 5973 Fall S2 Paper Pack. I matted my card base with one, and used a
border die from my stash to cut a header for the card. I then mounted my image with foam tape
finishing off my card. Thank you for
joining me and I really hope you enjoyed my projects! Until next time! Create….Share….Inspire!






No comments:
Post a Comment