Thursday, April 18, 2013

Challenge 108 - "Layer It Up"

Hello Ai Fans!

Thanks to everyone who submitted to our "BFF or Girlfriends" challenge. We loved seeing all your creations and enjoyed all the Ai stamps we saw! 

The winner for our "BFF or Girlfriends" challenge is ...
Congratulations Tracy! We loved your 'Comfy on Couch' card! Your amazing coloring and color palette brightened our day! You win all four of our new Girlfriend sets! Feel free to grab the button in our new Winner's Circle and send your address to kate@artimpressions.com to claim your prize.

We also want to award some honorable mentions! Our two runner-ups get their choice of one of our new Girlfriends images! Send your stamp choice and address to kate@artimpressions.com
Lorraine A - 'Bingo Jean' Card

This week, we're looking for you to "Layer It Up!" We want to see all those beautiful die cuts and papers stacked for some amazing visuals! All entries need to have at least FOUR layers shown on the front of the card. Here are the challenge rules ...
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
 Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
 Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, May 1 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!


Crystal is sharing a very special project for this challenge!
Crystal: Today we are "Layering It Up" and I am using the Uptown Girls stamp (U4133), pouring on the layers for you ...
I made the card base on my Gypsy and then cut it with the Cricut. The first layer I wrapped with twine and added faux stitching.
girlfriends 4-18 010
The next layer, I cut up a paper doily and inked to age.
girlfriends 4-18 011The next layer is blue with more faux stitching and the last layer is a marble blue and white which I embossed with a cloud folder and inked with Baja Breeze SU ink, so the clouds pop out more.
girlfriends 4-18 012
Next I cut out my Girlfriends, they are colored with Copic markers and paper pieced. I shaded the paper pieces for depth.
girlfriends 4-18 001girlfriends 4-18 002girlfriends 4-18 003
I added a bow and handmade flowers to the left side. This is an easel card, so I carried the flowers and layers to the inside so it matches.
UpTown Girls 4-18 005UpTown Girls 4-18 008UpTown Girls 4-18 007UpTown Girls 4-18 002UpTown Girls 4-18 006
Products used:


Thank you for that amazing project, Crystal! Make sure to check out her blog, 8upscrapin!

We also get to announce the winners of our comment contest from our DT blog hop! If our designers haven't contacted you already, email which of our new Girlfriends sets you would like and your address to kate@artimpressions.com Congratulations!
Crystal: Chelebco
Kirsi: MjDidDoIt
Kerry: Kicki
Piali: Isha Gupta
ReneƩ Michele Bruns
Soili-Maria: Maru
Trena: Jaanuska
Zora: Nickan73a

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Tracy McDonald!! Your card is super - love your coloring.
Congratulations to honorable mentions - Karen Day and Lorriane A. Your cards are grand.
Cyrstal - Wow on the layering. What a fun card!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO! Thank you so much!!! Congratulations to Karen and Lorraine! Your cards are wonderful. :-)

Kerry said...

Congrats to all the winners!!! :)

MjDidDoIt said...

I am very grateful for the stamp set that I am going to receive and super excited about all the fun things I can make with it!!! I love the awesome creations you ladies make and am so happy that I happened to find you all when I did!! Thank you all so much!! This is my first ever win on a blog hop!!!

Isha Gupta said...

Yay!!! Thank you so much for the win. Love the stamps...can't wait to ink.

Wendy said...

Thank you for the layer up challenge and cute sample this week.

Lorraine A said...

Congratulations Tracey and Karen ! woo hoo !! and thank you so much for my honorable mention too :-)

Fabulous challenge and the DT samples are gorgeous ! :-)

Hope you all have a fab weekend :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kicki said...

I´ve read the winners list time after time, and I can still see MY name! Can´t believe it!!
Oh girls, you´ve made me so happy right now, almost crying! :D

Thank you!

xoxo Kicki

Annemaritta said...

Thank you for this fab challenge, so my cup of tea :)