Saturday, October 21, 2017

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Fresh Fall Inspiration!

Happy Saturday! It's the third Saturday of the month, so it's time for our second Watercolor Weekend of October! Our Watercolor Guest Design Team is feeling the fall season with these beautiful autumn projects! They are sure to inspire you to do a little watercolor today!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest

I made this card for the Watercolor Weekend round up on the Art Impressions blog. You may recognize this bench as the one with a sleeping kitten on it (3545) but I didn't ink up the cat. I took the sleeping puppy and used the 4774 - stamp positioner to place the dog right where I wanted him. Then I added fall trees, leaves and grasses. 

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 6 Brown, 13 Ochre, 28 English Red, 45 Sepia, 49 Vermillion, 56 Dull Blue
Other Supplies: Tombow Marker N15

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
I have two versions of my “Birds On A Wire” project for this Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend – summer greenery and full on fall.

The process is the same for both versions of “Birds On A Wire”, just a few additional colors on the fall leaves. Start by masking off a 3”x3” square on your watercolor paper using 3M Painters Tape, washi tape or Post It Notes. Stamp the tree branches on the left, bottom and right using stamps from the Branches Set in 45 Sepia. Next build the trees by stamping leaves from the Foliage Set 2 in 15 Olive Green and 96 Jungle Green for the summer greenery version and 15 Olive Green, 96 Jungle Green, 6 Brown, 13 Ochre, 45 Sepia, 89 Persimmon for the fall version. Pull the color from the lines with your Watercolor Brush No. 6. Next, draw in the wires using a ruler or the edge of your Stamp Positioner with 86 African Violet. There are 6 birds in the Bird Bath Set, I used 5 out of the 6. Using your Stamp Positioner, stamp the birds in 45 Sepia onto the wires. Pull the color from the lines with either your Watercolor Brush No. 6 or Watercolor Brush No. 1. I found it easier to use the Watercolor Brush No. 1. Put 6 Brownand 86 African Violet onto your Watercolor Palette and brush these colors onto the bird’s chests. Add detail back into the eyes, beaks and wings using the fine tip of 45 Sepia. Place 60 Salvia Blue (or any other pale blue) onto your Watercolor Palette, water it down and paint it into for sky. And finally, remove the tape and sign your masterpiece!


Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 6 Brown, 13 Ochre, 15 Olive Green, 45 Sepia, 60 Salvia Blue, 86 African Violet, 89 Persimmon, 96 Jungle Green
Other Supplies: Post It Notes, 3M Painters Tape

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Woo Hoo it's Watercolor Weekend time again! This weekend I wanted to do an Autumn Farm Scene. I am just loving doing fall scenes with apples, pumpkins and mums.

Here are the details of my project. I started off on a piece of Canson XL WC Paper Pad cut to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. I inked the Veggie Cart up with African Violet, stamped it off and re-inked it with Sepia. I pulled the color out of the lines and added Brown to the wooden buckets.

I used the new Dogs set to add a sleeping puppy underneath the Cart. I used Sepia and Brown on the palette to give him a little bit of color. I added the tiny grass in Olive Green around the card and the puppy along with a bit of Sepia. Using the palette, I created a sun with Brilliant Yellow and a hint of a sky with the Steel Blue.

I masked off the left basket and inked the apples (to use them as pumpkins), using the stamp positioner I stamped the apples into the bucket. I masked the apples and stamped them again. I used the Sepia to add some lines to the apples. I added stems to the small pumpkins with Olive Green. I used thewatercolor palette to paint on the Brilliant Yellow as the first layer and then added Orange and Terra Cotta, leaving some of the Yellow for a highlight.

Next I masked off the middle basket, inked the mums with Olive Green and English Red, stamped them a couple of times, re-inked and stamped again.

I followed the same process of masking with the right hand basket of apples. I added some Olive Green and English Red (so they look like Macintosh --my fav). I added a tree in the background using the new Branches set. I added some fall leaves using the flower from the Garden Wagon Mini Set.

To create the card, I cut a mat from some Gina K Designs Cranberry Tart cardstock and mounted it to a base card of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.



What beautiful projects! Leave some comment love, we love to hear about your favorite projects and tips from our designers! Watercolor Weekends are a chance to roundup some of our favorite projects from the week, but you can find even more inspiration on our designer's personal blogs and Instagram accounts! Be sure to share what you create with us with #AiWatercolor!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

Happy Watercolor Weekend!

9 comments:

Karen Day said...

Ladies! Outstanding projects as always - I love the hint of fall you're all inspiring us with today :o)

ednamburgess said...

I never get tired of seeing all your beautiful cards. Love them. Edna

katieo said...

Beautiful fall inspiration. Great water coloring by the designers

klarcher said...

all of the cards are terrific but I have to say I love, love, love Tricia Kennedy's Bird on a Wire card. Beautiful.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, you all never cease to amaze me!! Absolutely gorgeous cards! Such wonderful work and inspiration!

diane zechman said...

Wonderful fall cards, ladies! I always love seeing what you are busy creating!

Jil Lebel said...

Great job ladies. These projects are all so fun. I am loving all of the fall colors!

Cheri Burry said...

I am always in awe of your cards ladies!! Beautiful once again!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These are absolutely gorgeous cards made by very talented designers !