Sunday, November 19, 2017

Holiday Mansion by Reneé Matarese

Hello Ai fans!
Today I'm sharing the Art Impressions Holiday Mansion and HM Accessories.
I also used the Ai Snowflake Dies.


I fell in love with Diane's idea to use a tea light behind the mansion and just had to give it a try.
Since she made a Halloween card I thought I'd make a Christmas version.
You can see her card I was inspired by HERE.



I used an acetate card base so that the tea light would glow more.  I liked feeling like the house was set in it's yard and you could see the front and back yards making it more dimensional.

Open the front door and you see the verse.


Here's the inside.


I also made a coordinating gift box with some more of the HM Accessories.



One little pointer if you decide to try something like this. I wanted the house to be all silver because I thought it was festive.  You can't see the lines enough for them to matter but you can see them enough to bug me...Next time I'll probably stamp the image on cardstock first.  Then I'll cut it out and use it as a template to cut out the specialty paper.




7 comments:

Karen Day said...

So wonderful, Renee - I love the colour combo for the snowy scene - and I think the house looks amazing! Great 3D effect to - with the snow layers and the roofs that you cut out - very cool project!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Renee! The 3D hilly scene is just gorgeous! Love, love, love!!!!!

Jil Lebel said...

I absolutely love the silver house! I use silver & blues at Christmas time & that card would fit right into my decor (hint, hint) lol! I really love your box, it's really elegant.

diane zechman said...

This is gorgeous! Love the tea light with a winter scene. Great idea to use an acetate base and the matching box is lovely too!

katieo said...

Fun idea. I love the sparkly mansion and the way you did the inside. The matching box looks so pretty with the jolly santa and poinsettia.

Cheri Burry said...

I'm in awe! What a gorgeous set and love the acetate idea!

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful and elegant!