Tuesday, December 4, 2012

ATC Scenes

Hello Ai Fans!
This week I'm working on ATCs for my live trade group. 

  
The theme for December is acrylic transparencies.  For the trade, we make one special ATC (Artist Trading Card) for a drop card that we put into a bag and each person picks one.  The rest of the ATCs for the trade can follow the theme or go with the artist's creativity. For the drop card I'm featuring WC Bungalow (Sku#F2711).

I tore a mask from scrap paper to create a top and bottom. I then inked up the images and stamped onto white cardstock. I used the bottom mask piece for the trees and house to mask space for the snow drifts.


I laid down the top piece of the mask and sponged in the snow drifts using a dauber and distress ink.


For the next step, I added color to the sky with a blending tool and distress ink. I find when I use a light touch in circles from the outside in, I can get a nice blend as I build the color. I also like to leave a little light in my sky - not completely fill in with the same amount of color. I created a variety of day time and night time skies.




For the snow, I made random dots all over the transparencies with the acrylic paint - I just dabbed the small trip directly to the transparency sheets.



Next I added color with Tombow Dual Brush Pens. For the drop card, I added a moon with acrylic paint and a paint brush.  After everything dried completely, I then cut the transparencies into ATC sized pieces and used brads from my stash to attach the acrylic to the little scenes.






Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

List of Supplies Used:

4 comments:

Tammie Koehnen said...

Love these little ATC winter scenes! Great tutorial on your whole process Trena.

Kerry said...

Oh WOW! Trena, these are great ATCs!!!! Love the winter scene and the technique for the acyclic paint is totally awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

another great scene from Trena , love these ATC's ,love the snow falling : )..you are the Queen of Scenes ... amazing

Maria said...

Your group is going to LOVE them!