Thursday, January 7, 2016

NEW Winter Wonderland Challenge 175

Welcome back, Ai Fans!

After a holiday hiatus, we are ready to start off a new year of inspiration and challenges! It's going to be a BIG year!

Today we have Cheri bringing some warmth into winter with her adorable creations! Lets take a look!

Hello Ai Fans!

The new Challenge starts today and the theme is "Winter Wonderland".  I had no idea what I was going to do. Whenever I see a stamp with a winter theme I automatically think it has to be for Christmas.  Weird I know but I guess it's just how my brain thinks LOL! I got all my Ai stamps out and started to look through them when BAM it hit me! I could use the "Beanie Whoot" set (#4127). It was one of the sentiments that got me thinking.... "with owl my thanks". What a perfect card to use right after Christmas to thank your family and friends for the lovely gifts you received! My brain went into overdrive LOL and I decided to make a set of 5 Thank You cards.

I started by picking what Design papers I wanted to use, my embellishments and matching cardstock.
I went ahead and stamped 5 of the Owl images. I wanted to paper piece the hats so I also stamped an image on each of my 5 Designer papers from the MME Moments 6x6 collection. I went ahead and coloured my images using my Copic Sketch markers. I cut out my sentiments using the MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax. I like to get as much use out of my dies in various ways. Instead of using the the die as a "fishtail" I used it to make a long skinny rectangle for my sentiment. Using one of my favourite tools....the Perfect Layers Mini ruler and mat, I layered my sentiment with 2 matching pieces of cardstock.
I added 2 pieces of Doodlebug Twine and made a double bow for each card.  After fussy cutting out all the hats it was time to assemble my cards.
The finished product!!
Of course I had to make a little file folder and matching cover for my cards. It's super cute and makes this set into an adorable gift to give!

I hope that I have given you some inspiration and you will play along in our new Winter Wonderland Challenge! 

Happy Stamping!
Supplies:


Thanks, Cheri! Thank you cards are perfect for January! This challenge calls for a wintery creation, it can be for any occasion! We'd love to see what you come up with!

Here are the challenge rules …
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, January 20 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!



15 comments:

Nancy said...

Geweldig!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! This set is just too cute for words, Cheri!

Joan V said...

Oh, that set is darling.

Sherrie K. said...

Super, duper cute! I love that you made a box for the set of cards to:) Such a darling set. Did you created the file folder box or is it a cut file? Love it!
Sherrie K

Charne said...

Adorable set, and beautifully presented!

Unknown said...

Lov, lov, lov the cards. And the matching box makes it a perfect gift. Are their directions for making the box?

Karen Day said...

I adore your card set, Cheri!!

diane zechman said...

Such a great set, Cheri! I love the owls!

Anonymous said...

to utilize Super Multi uploaded multi uploaded and it will run Java that is fine in spring solicit Secret Millionaires Club 2016 in the matter from whether you need to snap yes use each other any here on an extremely essential level seen do you know basically snap to run every website page it's your heap up my sister and what you do is mine is scratched off site and on the .

http://t-rexmusclefacts.com/secret-millionaires-club-2016/

CraftyPaws said...

What a cute set! That little owl is adorbs! TFS and inspiring! Hugs Kristina

Shari said...

That is completely adorable!!! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Unknown said...

the Dodd and you create million that so first evolved fight from the north index if you want Brain Plus IQ so to go to work under slight and you won't be same image quality than fundamental you have to go up in the radiation dose to get the same noise but the lower because what offenders light if you're comfortable going to.

http://powerpumpxladvice.com/brain-plus-iq/

Cheri Burry said...

The box is a cut file!

Maye M.L said...

OMG, this is a spectacular gift. Love every detail about it. Owls, you van never go wrong with them, especially if they are as cute as AI's. Cheers!

Dana said...

Wow!! Super adorable card set!!And an awesome tutorial!! I love the little file box, i need to find this cut file!!