Thursday, November 17, 2016

jingle notepad by Diane Zechman

Hello Ai friends and happy Thursday!
Today I am sharing another fun project I recently made for a stamping event with friends.  The theme was "Jingle All The Way".  Here I made a covered notepad with a magnetic closure using the super fun gal from Ai's Reindeer Games Set (4351).  The sentiment is from the Jingle Set (4681).

Just about everyone could use a cute notepad for all those holiday lists, right?  I would be lost without them!
I used a reindeer embossing folder for part of the background.  I also added some sparkle to her belt with a glitter pen and some Crystal lacquer on her glasses but they didn't photograph well.

Check out those jingle bell earrings!  I found some bell brads in my stash that were perfectly sized!  They really jingle!


The notepad is a Jr. Legal size pad which was cut in half vertically.  I had these cut quite a few years ago but you can ask for them to be cut at your local office supply store.  I never added a magnetic closure before, though.  I love the magnetic closure!
NOTE- I started with a 6 1/2 x 8 1/8 inch piece of cardstock and scored the 6 1/2" side @ 2 1/2, 2 3/4, 5 1/4, and 5 1/2.
The layers on the front are 2 3/8 x 8 and 2 1/4 x 7 7/8.

While I was typing this, Frank Sinatra was popping in my mind... "I love those J-I-N-G-L-E bells, OH!...."  Don't you love Christmas music while crafting?
Have a great day and… happy stamping!

6 comments:

Traci said...

I can't believe how cute this is! Looks like I may have to make a couple...

Sharon Caudle said...

OOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE this, Diane!!!! These notebook pads are always so fun to give, and this is just fantastic!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally brilliant! Jo x

Karen Day said...

This is really fun, Diane! Great embossing folder, and I love the little buckle!

Renee M said...

Such a cute and fun project! I really like that it's something so useful too. Thanks for sharing the how-tos!

Renee Matarese said...

That belt buckle and the earrings!! SO cute!!