Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Owl Flutter Birthday Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

The new Flutters line are a fun addition to the interactive Ai stamps.  I still can't get over how the wings move on this owl card! I have slowly been building my collection of them.  I used the Owl Flutter Set 4972 for this card.  It comes with the stamps, dies and silver brads to make your card.  You have enough brads to make five cards, but I ended up using the white brads from the White Brad 50 Pack 4957


I started by stamping the parts of my image onto Strathmore Bristol paper with Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I used the matching files to cut out the images before I colored them. I colored them using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers my brush.  I colored the owl in layers starting with Beige #72.  I applied the color to the shadow areas and would pull the color out and let it dry.  I would move onto another area while it was drying.  Once it was dry, I came in with Mid Brown # 65 to darken the Shadow areas.  I applied Brown #65 along the feet and beak in different layers.  The hat is colored with Pink #25, Bright Yellow #52 and Light Blue #36. I assembled the Owl and the mechanism using the directions that come on the packaging. 



I used papers from the Echo Park Party Time by Dani Magstad 6x6 paper collection for this card.  I put all of the rectangular layers over top of a thin layer of silver glitter paper.  It's very hard to see the glitter in the picture because I was having a very hard time taking photo's because of the glitter paper.  I added Silver Stickles around the oval layer and the greeting strip.  The owl is added to the oval with one layer of foam tape.  The oval is added with two layers of foam tape.  Just be sure to leave a channel for the pull tap to operate freely.  

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Adorable!

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG!!! I have quickly become one of your biggest fans. I love your work!!