Monday, September 3, 2018

Best Friends Birthday by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

Today I have two cards to share using the Big Birthday Wishes set.  Wouldn't it be fun to celebrate your birthday with your best friends and big, huge cake?!!  LOL!  I think I'd love that!

I stamped the main image twice, then colored them with my alcohol markers.  It's really fun because you can "decorate" the cake with whatever colors you want to give it a different look.

After I finished coloring them, I used two of the NEW steel die sets:  Square Double Stitched dies and  Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies.  These die sets are really great in that they are very high quality, you get various sizes, and there is stitching on both sides of the cut line!  


For this card I stamped the banners separately, fussy cut them, and popped them up with foam squares for some fun dimension!


I made this next card square and smaller for something a bit different.  I layered the stamped and die cut image onto a piece of paper I made to match by using a matching alcohol marker.  The sentiment is heat embossed and popped up with a bling brad from my stash.  This makes a card that is about 4" x 4".  Perfect size for tucking into a gift!


Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a fun and crafty week!



2 comments:

Jil Lebel said...

Your cards are stunning! I love the colors you chose. The cut & raised banners were the perfect added detail.

Cheri Burry said...

Carol both these cards are so bright and fun! I love your colouring!